New(ish) Player - Capitol Ship WIP

Reaction score
    Hi! I've been playing the game for quite some time, but only recently actually made an account on the forums. This is a WIP of a ship that I'm building. I'll put stats after the pics, but they're incomplete as I havent added much besides the hull and some docks as of yet. I also plan on adding a bridge, but haven't gotten that far yet.

//i.imgur.com/LQXfVMm.png[/IMG]I'm also definitely going to texture the smooth faces before I add turrets.

//i.imgur.com/gy1JNq4.png[/IMG]The hull is obviously incomplete, but it's a minimum of threes layers thick hardened at any given point aside from nonessential modular additions.

Power storage is somewhere above 76,000,000 and I'm adding more as I complete the interior. Other than that I haven't added much worth talking about. Two shuttle hangars and some escape pods.

I really just wanted to get some opinions on the style as I just sort of designed it as I went along. I'll post update pics to this thread.

I'm going to be building a fleet to accompany her as well. All similarly styled. Thanks for looking!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice basic hull shapes, I especially like the little functional details on the front. Can\'t wait to see you add more texture to the overall hull.

Reaction score
    Right now I\'m working mostly on the interior so that I can know how much space I have to add function, e.g. genreators, weapons, etc. There\'s quite a bit of room left. Also, dimensions!

L: 676 m

W: 375 m

H: 154 m+bridge

Reaction score
    I wasn\'t actually planning on adding much color because most of the colors are too vibrant for me, but that actually made me think about some different ways to add them without it being overwhelming, thanks!

Reaction score
    Dimensions haven\'t changed.

Power storage: 3,364,006,022.2 @ 51,074,350.0 e/sec

Shield: 12,554,142

Shield recovery: 155,773 p/sec 5.0 delay

Mass: 553,564.2 (5,576,589 Blocks)

Thrust: 934,592.4

No weapons yet.

Most of those stats are going to keep going up as I make more progress, with the possible exception of power storage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Me and my 3000 mass cruiser are going to hide somewhere else, very far away...

Reaction score
    If you want to hide just go behind it... even when its done I imagine it would be very slow at turning.

Reaction score
    Minecat, why hide when you can partner up? Also, Recon actually raises a good point, I just started adding armament and I decided to go with weapons facing all six cubic directions as it absolutely would be too slow to turn effectively in combat. It would also be better with a supporting fleet of frigates and/or fighters. There\'s a pretty good sized hangar that I added that should be able to store a good number of them. And Marshal, Interestingly enough I haven\'t actually run in to any lag issues yet. The price is already over the limit, The only way to get one is too buy it with blocks.

Reaction score
    That\'s a good idea having them facing every direction...
    How do you buy it with blocks?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    how do u get the power regen that high? im working on a 700+m ship and i can only get about 5 mil.

Reaction score
    Recon, it\'s an option that applies per-server. For private use it\'s in the server.cfg. The omnidirectional weapons work much better with the semi recent update for cockpit view direction. I\'m also going to put a good number of turrets on.

Crimson, When building generators, once you get over 1,000,000 e/sec it no longer matters how the blocks are arranged. Each block is worth the minimum +25 e/sec. So at that point you just cram them in and place as many of them as you can.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i did notice that the 10x10x10 generator designs that i was using wasn\'t giving me enough power like they did before so that explains it.

Reaction score
    This is the room that houses the core.

This is that same room from the outside. I forgot how thick it is, but you get the point.

Minimal texture on the outside. The narrower protrusions are AMCs and the Black indents are d1000s.

Updated front.

Zoomed in on the main gun. Not something you want to get hit by. Actual numerical stats to follow.

Escape pod hangar.

Pod exit points.

Two of the three hangars. The third is similar in dimension to the larger of the two shown. I\'ll obviously be adding docks soon.

And finally the engines. I\'m thinking of adding more, at least aesthetically, in the big open box with the shields. I just don\'t know exactly what I\'m thinking yet. Suggestions welcome and invited.

Stats:

Power Storage: 6,719,539,543.3

Power Regen: 73,402,125.0 e/sec

Shield Capacity: 12,661,266.0

Shield Regen: 156,769/sec

Thrust: 948,133.0

Mass: 731,661.4

Blocks: 7,737,871

Length: 676m

Width: 383m

Height: 148m +bridge that I still haven\'t added

I was going to type out stats for every weapon group on the ship, but that\'ll take forever. The main gun does 20,000 damage per shot and fires more times in a second than I care to count. Most of the other AMCs do in the neighborhood of 4k per shot with similar reload rates. (mostly around 85.0 if that means anything to anyone) Lots of missiles. SD-BB and d1000. Still planning to add turrets.

Reaction score
    Man this is awesome. I haven\'t play starmade for a while but this makes me wanna get my wip capital ship done.

Reaction score
    Do it if you\'re so inclined! Finishing them up is a great feeling! I\'m about to finish the cargo hold, add the docks in the hangars that still need them, then get working on more texture and adding turrets. Should be done in the next few days!