• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The hell are you getting so militant for?

All I said was "I'd rather they finish slabbing and wedging the existing stuff before making new pallet swaps", and you're up in my grill over it. Does light brown armor mean THAT freaking much to you?
    Because slabs and wedges still aren't Kupu's department...

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well this has gotten rather off topic. Can the discussion please be moved back to the addition of new hull colors please?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Because slabs and wedges still aren't Kupu's department...
    Dude, we just went over that there are wedges/tetras/slabs/etc that would look far better with some extra texture work.

That being said, this is in Suggestions. The suggestion was "Add pallet swaps to make new things", my response was "Lets finish the old things first".

I don't know if you're just mad that I pointed out that there are blocks with different textures per slab shape, or that there are blocks that would not look good using the current stretch and squish if slabbed/wedged, or what exactly your deal is right now, but cool your jets.

Reactions: Exozen

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Dude, we just went over that there are wedges/tetras/slabs/etc that would look far better with some extra texture work.

That being said, this is in Suggestions. The suggestion was "Add pallet swaps to make new things", my response was "Lets finish the old things first".

I don't know if you're just mad that I pointed out that there are blocks with different textures per slab shape, or that there are blocks that would not look good using the current stretch and squish if slabbed/wedged, or what exactly your deal is right now, but cool your jets.
    Hmm... yes. While special textures for wedges, heptas, tetras, corners, and slabs (like the cargo slabs that are designed to counter squishing), and even more slabs would be lovely, that would mean for armor alone, 153 new textures, not to mention if we ever get wedge slabs, that's another 153x3 or so slab textures I believe.
    It is much more simpler to add 15 textures (the majority of which require very little effort) and armor blocks than all the work to properly texture slabs for everything.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes, I have.

I recommend you open t002.png and tell me how many images you see for each color of cargo block. I'll wait.

I didn't say none of them weren't squish jobs, I said not all of them were. There are clearly blocks that have different textures for each stage of slab.

Some things look fine squished, like armor. Some things like shields will look terrible squished. Hence some things will need some new textures.

Again, please think things through before you start throwing out wild accusations.
    Cargo blocks are an exception, and they are hardcoded. I don't think that slab blocks are even fully capable of having multiple side textures by default; they have to be squished and it seems that the game does that when the texture is applied.

Last edited: