• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    With the new texture pack coming in a few weeks, and the last decorative blocks being added waaay back in june, I think it would be the perfect time to add some new hull colors with it's release!

Some of us builders are starving for new materials :(

(Left to right: Beige, Crimson, Olive, Navy, and Turquoise/Cyan.)
    THIS IS WHAT WE'RE MISSING IN LIFE. SEMPAI KYOOPOOMARU PLEASE.

Last edited:

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It'll be a pain in the ass to select so much options from the menu, but I can't say I disagree with having a go at some green+purple compositions.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It'll be a pain in the ass to select so much options from the menu, but I can't say I disagree with having a go at some green+purple compositions.
    Most of my home builds and refits are purple and green armor with purple and green lights. Looks damn nice when done properly. I picked those colors due to nobody really using them and all. So now its mine, you cannot haz lol

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Much as I'm all for more hull colors, I kinda would like to get priority on getting slabs and wedges of the existing stuff before we add more...

Reactions: godmars

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Much as I'm all for more hull colors, I kinda would like to get priority on getting slabs and wedges of the existing stuff before we add more...
    Not Kupu's department though.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Some more dark/light versions of existing colours would be nice (think dark grey hull) but maybe a little more drastic than the OP's example. Colours need to have enough contrast to actually be worth the inventory space IMO.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Actually considering the only requirement for them really is the texture work for them, it kinda is.
    Existing stuff by definition already exists and as such is textured Edy...

Come on it's not rocket science here.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Existing stuff by definition already exists and as such is textured Edy...

Come on it's not rocket science here.
    The geometries for them already exist.
    The block data for them already exists.

All wedges and slabs for virtually everything in the game would require is the proper texture and a copy/paste of the existing stuff.

A cube of wood is pretty much the same as a cube of armor, all it would take to slab it or wedge it is a texture file that can be applied to those shapes, and copy/paste the wood block attributes.

You know, exactly the same thing that would be required to make new hull colors, since those would be copy/pastes of existing blocks with new textures.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The geometries for them already exist.
    The block data for them already exists.

All wedges and slabs for virtually everything in the game would require is the proper texture and a copy/paste of the existing stuff.

A cube of wood is pretty much the same as a cube of armor, all it would take to slab it or wedge it is a texture file that can be applied to those shapes, and copy/paste the wood block attributes.
    ... Slabs use the same textures as normal blocks. They are just stretched.

Are you actually playing Starmade anymore???

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ... Slabs use the same textures as normal blocks. They are just stretched.

Are you actually playing Starmade anymore???
    Yes, yes I am.
    And no, not all of the slabs are simple squish jobs.

But that still doesn't apply to things like wedges that do require a full new texture, or at least a remapping of the existing ones.

Try thinking through all of the things before you start throwing accusations around, eh?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes, yes I am.
    And no, not all of the slabs are simple squish jobs.

But that still doesn't apply to things like wedges that do require a full new texture, or at least a remapping of the existing ones.

Try thinking through all of the things before you start throwing accusations around, eh?
    Have you even looked at the texture sheet?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you even looked at the texture sheet?
    Yes, I have.

I recommend you open t002.png and tell me how many images you see for each color of cargo block. I'll wait.

I didn't say none of them weren't squish jobs, I said not all of them were. There are clearly blocks that have different textures for each stage of slab.

Some things look fine squished, like armor. Some things like shields will look terrible squished. Hence some things will need some new textures.

Again, please think things through before you start throwing out wild accusations.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes, I have.

I recommend you open t002.png and tell me how many images you see for each color of cargo block. I'll wait.

I didn't say none of them weren't squish jobs, I said not all of them were. There are clearly blocks that have different textures for each stage of slab.

Some things look fine squished, like armor. Some things like shields will look terrible squished. Hence some things will need some new textures.

Again, please think things through before you start throwing out wild accusations.
    You do realize thats something exclusive to crates because of how they work right?

What do you honestly want that requires that?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You do realize thats something exclusive to crates because of how they work right?

What do you honestly want that requires that?
    How about decorative fans that only have the fan on one face so they don't squish into ovals?
    How about logic blocks like buttons and activators?
    How about storage blocks?
    How about literally anything that isn't primarily a single color texture?

Most of them don't even NEED new stuff, existing panels can be re-used, just stick gray on one side.

Some things would work better with new side textures for wedges, like computers and girders.

My point is that it isn't actually that much extra work to make the actual blocks for slabs and wedges for everything. The basic templates for slabs, wedges, heptas, tetras, etc are already there. You just copy/paste the armor/system hp values for what you're making, and assign the texture to them and you're done.

We can make the new blocks ourselves with the block config file and a text editor.

Literally the only thing that requires any time or effort at all is... you guessed it, assigning the textures to all the correct faces.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    How about decorative fans that only have the fan on one face so they don't squish into ovals?
    How about logic blocks like buttons and activators?
    How about storage blocks?
    How about literally anything that isn't primarily a single color texture?

Most of them don't even NEED new stuff, existing panels can be re-used, just stick gray on one side.

Some things would work better with new side textures for wedges, like computers and girders.

My point is that it isn't actually that much extra work to make the actual blocks for slabs and wedges for everything. The basic templates for slabs, wedges, heptas, tetras, etc are already there. You just copy/paste the armor/system hp values for what you're making, and assign the texture to them and you're done.

We can make the new blocks ourselves with the block config file and a text editor.

Literally the only thing that requires any time or effort at all is... you guessed it, assigning the textures to all the correct faces.
    You do realize all the block variants pull from the normal block right? I honestly think you're in the wrong thread here.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You do realize all the block variants pull from the normal block right? I honestly think you're in the wrong thread here.
    The hell are you getting so militant for?

All I said was "I'd rather they finish slabbing and wedging the existing stuff before making new pallet swaps", and you're up in my grill over it. Does light brown armor mean THAT freaking much to you?