New gamemode?

Reaction score
    Very good update again for current open gamemode, (shipyards)
    but this game is starting to be really complex for new players and you have to play many hours before fighting on servers, etc

I mean it should have a pvp gamemode where you can login, play for 10 mins and leave,
    choose your ship (in a mass range) and fight, (without mining, driving for 10 mins etc...)
    a bit like robotcraft did,
    you can even imagine, rp fight servers, where both teams start with a capital ship and have to defend it with fighters and corvettes

that would be really nice, not everyone like mining, long trips and building complex stations

(btw I know this gamemode existed in first starmade versions and new one (few months ago) but it not playable anymore)

Reactions: Parameter

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That is something a server can set up. And why play the game if you don't like building, mining, or exploration? That is the point of the game. There are plenty of space shooters out their where one can do exactly what you are describing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I think it might be nice if there was a "Honest Joe's Discount Spaceship Emporium" as part of the start shop. Players could purchase one of a couple default or server-specified starter ship designs with credits, and have it assembled on the spot in a ship dock hanging off the starter shop. Perhaps one or two you could afford on starter credits, and a couple cooler/more expensive ships to give them a taste of what they could build?

Something like this would allow a player to leap right into exploring/fighting/familiarizing themselves with space flight, without having to tackle the ship build system right off the bat. The ships wouldn't have to be very good either - if they can tell that their ship is a little goofy, it might encourage them to try and improve it, which could ease them into the ship-building sub-game.

Reaction score
    That is something a server can set up. And why play the game if you don't like building, mining, or exploration? That is the point of the game. There are plenty of space shooters out their where one can do exactly what you are describing.
    - I like building, when I can use my ships, there is few I posted btw (by using I mean pvp, for plp are afraid of losing their ships, because salvaging is long and boring on most servers)
    - there is noting left to explore for me for now
    - space shooters that does the same thing? can you give me some? I have seen no which could pretend to beat starmade huge potential
    - mining, lol don't tell me plp like being brain afk clicking on a rock (now I made a auto salvager, so I m entirely afk ..yay)

ok you are the one who want plp to leave when they think the game could be improved, I serioulsy don't understand that,

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just to be clear:

Schine says: StarMade is a voxel-based 3D sandbox space shooter

Wikipedia says: Sandbox game - A game wherein the player has been freed from the traditional structure and direction typically found in video games, and is instead given the ability to choose what, when, and how they want to approach the available choices in content.

The point of the game is to do whatever you feel like doing. Just don't dictated to me what I should be doing. I, personally, don't like mining or pvp. I'm waiting for the cargo update so we can get some real freight ships built and start balancing the economy. I plan to let everyone else do the work, I'll be an itinerant trader.

Reactions: Parameter