New factory type: Shaping

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    While using the factories in survival mode is easy enough it does have its issues.

One of the main ones is the long long list of items you can create. It gets a bit cluttered. The search function help of course but sometimes you just don’t want to type so much.

To reduce this list and add what seems like a logical step in the manufacturing process I propose to add a new factory type. A shaping block factory basically.

Function of this factory: Turn full blocks in any desired shapes like wedges or corners etc.

Use: You would select a general shape you want to produce like a wedge. Feed it full blocks of any type that can have wedges. It can produce multiple material wedge types at the same time.

I see a lot of pros for this:

• Reduces the production lists of factories.

• Simplifies the production procedure for shapes.

• Let players be more active instead of waiting until they van start another production run for different shapes.

Possible cons.

• Possible technical implementation?

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    While using the factories in survival mode is easy enough it does have its issues.

One of the main ones is the long long list of items you can create. It gets a bit cluttered. The search function help of course but sometimes you just don’t want to type so much.

To reduce this list and add what seems like a logical step in the manufacturing process I propose to add a new factory type. A shaping block factory basically.

Function of this factory: Turn full blocks in any desired shapes like wedges or corners etc.

Use: You would select a general shape you want to produce like a wedge. Feed it full blocks of any type that can have wedges. It can produce multiple material wedge types at the same time.

I see a lot of pros for this:

• Reduces the production lists of factories.

• Simplifies the production procedure for shapes.

• Let players be more active instead of waiting until they van start another production run for different shapes.

Possible cons.

• Possible technical implementation?
    Too much yes, but make it a hull-alteration factory in general. To add more functionality, make it that it can change the colour of hulls and also change wedges and such back into full blocks. It could also possibly be used to make standard/advanced armour, but I'm not sure on that one.