New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Reaction score
    Not sure if this has been ask, skimmed over the posts but did not find it.

How did you get the color schemes for the ships, are you using just your eye and placing each one manually or are you doing it with a more streamlined thingie.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Not sure if this has been ask, skimmed over the posts but did not find it.

How did you get the color schemes for the ships, are you using just your eye and placing each one manually or are you doing it with a more streamlined thingie.
    I'm just building them really? We have a limited palette of colors in StarMade and it isn't hard to match them with the EVE.

Reaction score
    I'm just building them really? We have a limited palette of colors in StarMade and it isn't hard to match them with the EVE.
    Well keep up the good work :) I'm trying to figure out a way to import the SKINs so I can make my beloved bloodraider abbadon so I may just have to paint it by hand :D

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Any new ships coming havent seen many releases of late here also the kador punisher going to be released?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Any new ships coming havent seen many releases of late here also the kador punisher going to be released?
    I might get around to releasing stuff soon. However I think I am a bit busy building for the game. Then I get tired of building and stop the NEF project. I wouldn't expect it's pace to pick up any time soon.

Reactions: nightrune

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Oh my. I have neglected posting my videos here. So in the spoiler below you will find the last 5 or so latest videos covering these builds.

It has been a long while since I've been active here, or doing eve online builds. The latest videos are going to be showcases of the various factions. These are mostly imports, as I have yet to touch a majority of these hulls. Eventually I will be getting into the station showcases and capital ships. Those are some very large structures so that should be exciting. I would also like to sort out proper building scales so I can work on the modular station stuff. If you saw the Caldari Bunker from my livestreams or something, you'll know how big it is, and how impractical it is. I will be scaling it down as best I can.

I will be releasing the Caldari Condor today and will post here once that is done. Next week I will hopefully release the Gallente Comet. Later next week I will probably post a news video going over the stuff happening to my channel and my plans. I will be changing how I build the ships. I imagine it will make my ships more practical for combat. I hope so at least.

That's it for now. Will be back soon with the ship release!

Reactions: Rumcajz

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    And as promised, here is the latest ship release. The Caldari Condor. This thing is pretty slick. The ship is fast, designed for missiles, and will eventually make use of propulsion jamming technologies. Here is the release video.

Here are the stats and a comparison shot.

There is one downside. I finished this build a while ago. Then EVE Fanfest rolled out and they announced a new art book for EVE. This would showcase cross sections from the frigates of EVE, and it basically rendered my ship inacurate. I didn't want to rebuild the interior when I was close to release, so here I am instead, releasing it. It's not much of an issue, but it is something I will get back to eventually. Here is a shot from the art book.

Another thing I am noticing, the areas on the Caldari ships that look like cockpits might not actually be cockpits. From other images I have seen, it seems the glass cockpit-looking-structures may in fact be the sensor arrays. This makes varying degrees of sense from ship to ship. The condor for example looks like it would have a lovely fighter-esque cockpit, while the kestrel seems to have sensors where the cockpit should be. I'll know for sure when I see this artbook, but that won't be for literally a year until it's out.

Anyway, next release should be the Gallente Comet. I am also going to be doing a NEF video covering the changes I plan for my ships sometime next week I hope. Thanks for reading!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    It has again been a while since I posted. Figure I would share the latest video as well as the new stuff coming to EVE, and what could be future projects.

EVE is getting some cool stuff in the future. New features, structures, models and skins. Overall I am pretty excited but considering my lack of time to dedicate to this project, I can only speculate when I'd ever get to finishing these builds. Here is some of the new stuff.

New Maulus model. Looks like it will be easier to build than the current one.

Many of the Amarr ships are getting new skins. Maybe most of them. This is the Purity of the thrones skin. Looks sick and should be easy to create variants for.

Looks like blood raiders are getting new ships. These are capitals however and so probably not something I will get to anytime soon. Ignore the names, they are likely placeholders.

Gallente ships get a new Directive skin line. Looks pretty good and adds some variety to their lineup.

The Executioner, Malediction, and the Crusader are all getting new models. Many people dislike this. I love it. Maybe the ships will be realistically sized now. It is impossible to fit their systems, cargo space, and interior into the old versions. I look forward to building these.

That seems to be most of it. There are mining barge changes in the future but I will post those later. Just figured I would keep this thread alive between this and the next video. There is still plenty of stuff to film. I have a special project I am about to start so I might not touch EVE ships for months. It is a shame but I can't stay sane building in StarMade constantly, even if they are different types of builds between this and work, and this new project will require all of my time. Anyway, stay on the lookout for future works!

Reactions: darknassius

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    0/10 we aren't getting new Osprey model.
    >: (

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Chris, could you show us how you exported the models from Eve Online and brought them into Starmade? I want to do that in my games but I'm out of my element here. Any help would be great.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Chris, could you show us how you exported the models from Eve Online and brought them into Starmade? I want to do that in my games but I'm out of my element here. Any help would be great.
    I primarily used a tool called smedit. I have heard numerous reports that smedit does not work for everyone however. If you can get it running you should be all set.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I primarily used a tool called smedit. I have heard numerous reports that smedit does not work for everyone however. If you can get it running you should be all set.
    SMEdit exported models? I only see that it imports models.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    SMEdit exported models? I only see that it imports models.
    Oh I'm sorry. If you want to export EVE models you will need tri-exporter. It can be found on the eve online forums. It is specifically used for EVE exports. It may not be the most up-to date. Also ensure that you have enabled eve to download all of it's assets through the launcher or it won't work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh I'm sorry. If you want to export EVE models you will need tri-exporter. It can be found on the eve online forums. It is specifically used for EVE exports. It may not be the most up-to date. Also ensure that you have enabled eve to download all of it's assets through the launcher or it won't work.
    You're alright. Thanks for the information. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hi hi I LOVE eve online ships and I am looking forward to more of the Ore faction ships, and more of the Caldari as that is what I play as my main in eve-online.

Reactions: Criss and nightrune

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello all. It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Decided to make a capital ship showcase since the Chimera has been redesigned. In a few days I'll post a video with the new design. Enjoy!