Votes: 0 0.0%
    • No like the idea, shut up XD

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Im no english speaker you can see now :

My last idea has to make Tier 1Tier 2 and Tier 3 of pieces for the ship, to take this on small ships, but the biggest ships can take it too. Ok, bad idea.

I have a new idea :

Core V1 : The normal Core of the ship, normal shield, normal power, normal thrust and bigger life the universe.

Core V2 : Core for Medium ships, More regen shields, More regen power, More damage, but limited mass, like 10.000 blocks or as you like. I dont have time to spend now in this.... limited blocks.

Core V3 : Core for Small ships, High regen Shields, High regen power, High Thrust, High damage done, limited blocks to an small fighters, 2000 blocks maybe?

Its a new idea for power a little the smalls and mediem ships, with limitations, and not to be useless in the game. Dont overpower the ships, but its a great buff for that.

Idea 2 : Another idea is the same but only limited useful blocks like cannons, shields, powers, tanks..... but not hulls. More hard to do....

There are space for all ships in the game, the Huge ships and the small ships...... can be ?

Reactions: jorgekorke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Neat idea but how would you keep someone from plonking down the fighter core on a turret?

Reaction score
    I think the idea of having different cores isn't my thing, the idea of a core is that you can build anything, as with a station block- different cores would limit people's creativity and expand-ability

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think the idea of having different cores isn't my thing, the idea of a core is that you can build anything, as with a station block- different cores would limit people's creativity and expand-ability
    But if they are all the same price it doesn't restrict people.

Reaction score
    But if they are all the same price it doesn't restrict people.
    It does because of how you expand- if you wanted to change from medium to big ship, you wouldn't want to delete your entire vessel just to change core; people just use an old design and make it bigger sometimes. Limiting the blocks would also cause irritation with some

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It does because of how you expand- if you wanted to change from medium to big ship, you wouldn't want to delete your entire vessel just to change core; people just use an old design and make it bigger sometimes. Limiting the blocks would also cause irritation with some
    Why would people do this? They already have to strip it down to the bones to rework it. Besides, the 2 cores for medium and small ships are optional, the normal core stays in this suggestion.

Reaction score
    I like what Space Engineers is doing *Dodges .50cal rounds* where cores and parts were physically smaller, it might not be dooable in this engine but food for thought.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the ideas, but I think core buffs should be inverse proportional to the ship mass.
    0 mass = full bonus
    10'000 mass = no bonus

Additionally you need to disable possible exploits - power drain beam, usage as shield-plates on bigger ships, buffs while docked as turret...
    Maybe only enable buffs while a player is inside? or while not docked?

Reaction score
    Re-reading this, I think that the idea being presented here with small part could better firepower is effectively needing bigger ships and making fighters powerful. I think we should just stick with one core, maybe alter some settings at the post on power dean and stuff- this is partially due to the fact that I don't like change and partially due to my dislike of the idea

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Re-reading this, I think that the idea being presented here with small part could better firepower is effectively needing bigger ships and making fighters powerful. I think we should just stick with one core, maybe alter some settings at the post on power dean and stuff- this is partially due to the fact that I don't like change and partially due to my dislike of the idea
    I don't get that part...

Reaction score
    I don't get that part...
    Ok, um, here's an example-
    If a 10'000 relatively well engineered ship faces a nimble, aggressively armed 1999 part fighter, the larger ship will have a smaller advantage, I just think it would be putting more polar sized ships on a level playing field. If you don't get if that's fine :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Ok, um, here's an example-
    If a 10'000 relatively well engineered ship faces a nimble, aggressively armed 1999 part fighter, the larger ship will have a smaller advantage, I just think it would be putting more polar sized ships on a level playing field. If you don't get if that's fine :p
    I think I understand what you are saying. The bigger ship is still 5 times larger than the fighter, and has the medium sized core. While the gap is smaller, I think that this would make the ensuing fight funer.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Vyor please do not double post. If someone hasn't answered your previous post just edit it and add what you wanted to say @whoever.

Reaction score
    I think I understand what you are saying. The bigger ship is still 5 times larger than the fighter, and has the medium sized core. While the gap is smaller, I think that this would make the ensuing fight funer.
    Yep, that was pretty much the idea, I just don't like the sound of the David and co stuff going on, not my thing

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would add more cores, but cores shouldn't have blocks limit.
    This is my contr-suggestion:
    Cores that are specialized in certain things.

Defensive core -> Bonus to shields, debonus to thrust of engines
    Offensive core -> Bonus to weapons, bigger energy drain
    Scouting core -> Bonus to thrust and manevours, debonus to defense and weapons
    Miner core -> Bonus to salvage cannons, debonus to weapons
    etc.

It would force players to think before they will build ship

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Old argument.
    While it is good that you have to hard-code the ship's purpose without changing slaves in combat as needed, having it so much hard-coded feels wrong.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    The great grey one (schema) is always cooking up something and with the aide of the gloriously bearded one (calbiri) there's a chance a fix for the issues big ships pose might be in the works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The great grey one (schema) is always cooking up something and with the aide of the gloriously bearded one (calbiri) there's a chance a fix for the issues big ships pose might be in the evil lab.
    FTFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.