Need help with reactor stabilisers

Reaction score
    I'm new to this game and I can't figure out stabilisers. The Starmade wiki and every tutorial I can find says that stabilisers need to be placed a certain distance away from the reactor to work properly. The game's UI even backs this up with a line that turns red if they're too close. But the stabilisers I place work at 100% efficiency no matter where I place them, even when touching the reactor.

Reaction score
    I just realised this site says I joined in 2014 despite me saying I'm new. I played Starmade a tiny bit back then and have forgotten everything. So for all intents and purposes, I'm new

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I just realised this site says I joined in 2014 despite me saying I'm new. I played Starmade a tiny bit back then and have forgotten everything. So for all intents and purposes, I'm new
    They've since removed the requirement for them to be a certain distance apart. As long as the reactor stabilization is good, then it should be fine.

Reaction score
    They've since removed the requirement for them to be a certain distance apart. As long as the reactor stabilization is good, then it should be fine.
    Thank you. They really need to update the ui to match this change.

Reaction score
    it will probably be cleaned up when the universe update will be released. wich might take a longer time considering circumstances