NAV point entered manually for sectors

Reaction score
    So I got lost in the us server today (without a ship or inventory items) and I knew what sector my other ship was in but couldnt figure out how to get there. so I strted to think that we should have some sort of input on the NAV svreen to enter in the sector ie: sector 2 2 2
    it would be possible then to land on a planet build somthing and leave then come back to it without having to search for the plant/ sectore you are looking for. all you would have to do is type in the sector ex:2 2 2 in the NAV window and follow the waypoint

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was kinda hoping for a galaxy in a 3d grid of all the sectors we have visited. It would be useful for not only navigating but also keeping track of faction sectors and the stations in those sectors. Faction sectors would be green, allied: blue, neutral: light blue, enemy: red, and not claimed: grey. Any sector not visited by you would not show up. Galaxy maps would be shared with all faction members and be regularly updated. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having a map of current explored sectors would be an awesome feature, like the star map we have in real life of the known part of the universe, and the galaxies around us, having Earth as center because it\'s the center of our known space.

But such 3D map sounds like a whole lot of mess and brain overheating (for schema) to build that. So let\'s see what he says on this ^^

The waypoints one would be easier, making the path rules so that the game can automatically set the shortest way there, but YOU players are already able to think this on yourself.
    Up in the corner it says you are in 2 4 -3 , and you want to go to 2 2 2.
    So first go on the Y axys (all works in X Y and Z), which is to the left, and go from 2 4 -3 to 2 3 -3 then 2 2 -3, then go up, on the Z axys to get from 2 2 -3 to to 2 2 -2, then 2 2 -1, 2 2 0, 2 2 1 and 2 2 2.

That easy :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello!
    Schema is aware of this problems and has already hinted that he will implement a proper navigation system to naviagate properly between systems. Also he mentioned a proper map.
    Personally I also hope for an autopilot so you dont have to keep the buttons pressed when travelling longer distances!
    Stay tuned! =)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, he mentioned something about an autopilot, one so you don\'t have to keep W pressed, but I don\'t think it will actually go alone to the coordinates you want/type in. It would be cool if it actually is fully autopilot though :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see no reason why he will not implement an autopilot when the nav system already points you into the direction of your choosen target. My bet is that he will utilize the bobby module for that!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it is pretty obvious that an autopilot will be implemented regarding the availability of the AI controls by a bobby block...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    nav point entering is now possible (in the navigation panel)

map is in the works :D

Reaction score
    @schema Nav Point Entering is buggy. Tried to navigate from 4, 4, 4 to 4, 3, 4 and it led me to 5, 4, 4

Reaction score
    I\'m sure i wrote 4, 3, 4, but i will test again as soon as i am at a computer that rund the game again

Reaction score
    I\'m pretty sure your still spelling that coordinate wrong... some people have a lot of trouble when it comes to spelling numbers, particularly when it comes to capitalisation