Nav Block/system and other ideas

Reaction score
    Hi, I'm new here, and I've got several suggestions for the game.

1. Nav block.
    A block that would be ideally situated in the bridge/near the core. It would be able to hold nav co-ordinates for planets, stations, shops, and anything else. You could possibly integrate a map of the solar system. This would give it some extra realism, as if your ship is disabled and boarded by someone, then they could steal the co-ordinates for all of their/factions bases and planets(Cole protocol for Halo fans :D )

2. Auto-pilot.
    A block that could be linked to the nav system that could have a route/co-ordinates programmed into it by the player for it to go to a certain point in the solar system. With this trading routes etc could be set up easily. It would also leave the player free to roam around their ship during very long trips. It could also allow the player to man turrets on unarmed vessels while the auto pilot continues to fly the ship.

3. Radar array.
    It could be required that on a ship you would have to have radar nodes/antenna to able to actually have a radar, rather than it just being default.

4. Air/Atmosphere/Oxygen system.
    Could that be too tiresome and realistic? that would however add the additional satisfaction of being able to use atmosphere to eject one of your friends out an airlock... anyway, that would mean trees in spaceships aren't just for aesthetic purposes. A disadvantage is that everyone would have to redesign their ships, as they would need to be able to shut off certain parts of their ship to preserve the atmosphere in the rest of it. That leads to my next idea.

5. Improved airlock/door system.
    It would take a lot of extra work, but if you could have a control system in your ship, where instead of/as well as a list of systems (like doors, missiles, cannons, shields etc) you could actually be given a schematic of your ship. This would allow you to select a system. Lets say in the list we select doors, and it highlights them, then you could select specific doors to open close, rather than just open all, or close all.

As far as I know, these are all original ideas.
    Thanks

Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    These would all be very nice to have.
    I believe that an auto pilot is already planned as well as better maps.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like it, but I would not completely disable radar on minimal ships.

Schema wants ships to be fast-build-able for newbies and less annoying so you can not forget 1 of 100 blocks you would need on every ship.

On the other hand, the game could provide a special block which creates 7x5x10 blocks on placement and is a minimal ship bridge but no power and thrust.
    • let it contain cloaker, jammer, weapon cpus and all the stuff you only need once.
    • let it be salvaged and built as one and split into many or merged from many through a factory.
    You could then either use this big block to build your ship on it or use a core as space-surfboard rather than a ship

A more customize-able ship would have custom bridge-modules (block-containers which are linked together like a plex-door array for build/salvage and break into smaller blocks and modules once one block of them is killed)

If above is implemented, I would approve the radar block.

Reaction score
    5. Improved airlock/door system.
    It would take a lot of extra work, but if you could have a control system in your ship, where instead of/as well as a list of systems (like doors, missiles, cannons, shields etc) you could actually be given a schematic of your ship. This would allow you to select a system. Lets say in the list we select doors, and it highlights them, then you could select specific doors to open close, rather than just open all, or close all.
    You mean like this? Start at 5:19.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    NeonSturm A fixed bridge model? Not a fan of that idea. I would say that the radar should exist as a way of tracking things beyond loading range.

Astrocat Hey that's a nice idea. A version of build mode cam, except you can change which type of blocks are visible or not, and then select and edit them.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    There is such a thing called hidden antennas. Its not inconceivable that sci fi ships would have internal antennas. Wireless routers already use this design as well as laptop wireless connectivity

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @Itmauve: "A fixed bridge model?"

For newbies mostly. They could make a custom one with power and thrusters on the back and have a fully functional ship in a box.
    Just not get it damaged or it will split into many blocks for many different inventory slots - you get the idea?

Less time for every-time the same basics, more time for other details.
    And I somehow like to have a uniform standard for each player or within a faction. If bridges have similar size or you only have hull redundant around it, the game might be able to replace a bridge depending on which player uses the blueprint.... I think it has potential at least.

Reaction score
    1. You can keep logbooks in a plex storage.

2. Don't want autopilot, it wouldn't work well with trying to dodge stations that are generating or lifting off of planets. Just add a cruise control button, so we don't have to hold forward in.

3. No, having radar while not being in a ship at all is useful.

4. Not "newbie" friendly, would take a lot of coding and performance loss, small ships can't fit trees in them, can't make artificial planets, etc.

5. Logic blocks will allow you to toggle a selection of doors when they come out.

Reaction score
    On the 5th point for Plex Doors I'd like to have the ability from the ship UI to select which ones would open automatically (when in a certain proximity) which opened upon clicking and which ones could be locked to specific player names (I.e. Restricted areas). Could work in a similar way to how you incorporate additional missile blocks with a specific computer at the moment.