Read by Council Natural survival progression

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have some suggestions that I believe will greatly enhance the survival aspect of the game.

Perhaps similar suggestions where mentioned before or in other forms but I wanted to bring them to your attention regardless:

Natural progression.

What I mean by natural progression is that as a player new to a universe it is currently possible to basically create everything after just a minute of basic factory setup and some general mining within a solar system. What I’m looking for is a more tiered experience. What I’m suggesting are some small improvements to do so:
    • Like in Eve use a certain ‘security’ level per system. The less secure a system is the more rewards can be found. And of course harder pirates should spawn.
    • Link certain resources to certain security levels. So if you want to have the top end of technology you will have to venture into more dangerous territory for their resources.
    • Reward systems through missions to get special or bragging loot.

Player made missions.

I think a lot of game content could be added by giving players the possibilities to create there own mission driven content. Most of the basics seems to be already there after all. The tutorial showed that.

• Have an easy way to share mission content within the community. Like stations and ships are now.
    • Perhaps the player mission should be instanced or in a locked sector.
    • A possibility is to start the mission with one of your own ships if it matches the restrictions a mission is given (for example total cost, mass or none)
    • Victory conditions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Link certain resources to certain security levels. So if you want to have the top end of technology you will have to venture into more dangerous territory for their resources.
    The problem with this part of the suggestion is that Starmade really doesn't have a tech tree.

• Like in Eve use a certain ‘security’ level per system. The less secure a system is the more rewards can be found. And of course harder pirates should spawn.
    Would this be changed by claiming the system?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The problem with this part of the suggestion is that Starmade really doesn't have a tech tree.
    A very rudimentary one. 3 levels if you look at the factories. But the placement of resources is also a factor. For example the bleu asteroids are significantly more rare.

Would this be changed by claiming the system?
    I don’t think it should. Although it might be possible to change a sector security level if you clean up all the hostile stations.
    That could be a goal on itself.