MykieDoesStuff - Submit your content to review on my channel! (OPEN)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    New video coming out in a few!

*Will be updating this post*

Make sure you guys check my Twitter, to help me plan things out for next videos :p
    [doublepost=1473819163,1473816474][/doublepost]Video is up!

CG-ST Minutor!

CG-ST Minutor

It's a very comfy ship, but the lighting could use some work :S
    [doublepost=1473819416][/doublepost]I don't expect the video to be all that greta, but hopefully I improved a bit. I'll work on some editing later, if you guys want. :S

Let me know!

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the submissions. I'll try to get them all through as soon as possible for tomorrow. :)

Reaction score
    Some feedback on your videos that I think. This is meant in the best intentions, and I'm sorry if it comes across as rood (that the right spelling?) or like an arsehole.

Do not explain yourself when you say why you haven't been making videos, just say you've been busy for the past x days or something simple and in few words.

Do not explain the purpose for every entity on screen, if it's there for a purpose and for the video, you'll use it later (keep the sector clean from anything that isn't strictly in the video)

Try and get to showing the ship as fast as possible, and when showing the exterior/interior, use SLOW SMOOTH mouse motions (mostly yours are a lot slower than some reviewers I have seen so a good start)

Try not to ramble on about anything that isn't strictly related to the video or the ship, and only say something when necessary, let the viewers analyse the ship instead of analysing your voice. Do not state the obvious (like you tubers playing 'scary' games and saying "what is that" all the time)

I prefer more calm you tubers who use a more or less monotone when watching ship reviews, DO NOT go "HEEEY GUIYS WHAAAATS GOIIIN ONNNN" (I now you didn't, but for me it sounds like you're itching to :), writing this while watching the second vid.)

Sector needs more lighting, unless it's a ship with a dark tone use a sector with a good angle to the sun.

If you like something on the ship, maybe try a highlights reel at the end of the video, just a couple of slow fading in/out short videos/screenshots, don't reference it throughout the video. A little praise is good here and there, and feel obliged to call up on something that you think/don't think works (too much hazard strips, large blank piece of hull, really good use of x, nice hanger, very nice bridge. Just don't get too excited)

Why I like sky lord Luke's videos, he says what he has to first, then showcases the ship for the rest of the video. You could try a new structure (intro, briefly explain ship, quick showcase of exterior, then do your thing with the weapons test, maybe a interior walk through, longer showcase with exterior and interior.

Don't make the video about you. What I mean when I say that, don't talk about anything you related or recent purchases etc etc (don't talk about a new computer you bought and how good it is with your frames in a showcase video (cough* sky lord showcasing generalblt13's Pegasus *cough))

Again, sorry mate if I sound rude, might be my Aussie typing style. Meant with the best intentions, sorry if it wasn't all relevant (contradicts my statements), typing before work, and just saying what came to mind watching your videos. Your videos are far, far, far from bad, but they aren't perfect, I look forward to seeing how your future videos turn out.

But please, shit blocks all over my community content :p, it'd be good banter.

With best intentions
    _Scooter98_