My resume (looking for faction)

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Alone, without people to play with, the game's kind of a meaningless, boring grind for no goal. For this reason, I'm looking to join an ACTIVE faction playing on SURVIVAL and/or BATTLEMODE servers, roleplaying very much welcome but not recommended. My short resume stands below.

Name: Matt_Bradock (IGN and Dock)
    Timezone: CET (GMT+1)
    Started playing in: 2013
    Hours in Starmade since Steam release: 1461
    Previous factions: Eurocorp, Calderon Republic, Khanid Domain
    Previous roles: systems engineer, senior/commanding officer
    Additional skills: diplomacy
    TS/mic: yes
    Disadvantages: low tolerance for stupidity, mediocre hardware specs
    Other games played: League of Legends, ARK: Survival Evolved

Last edited:
    Reactions: CyberTao and Kamika
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nu dovan empire is best

Edit:
    Let me eleborate:
    Dovan Empire is one of the oldest factions in starmade and we have a long and proud history with the game

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Nu dovan empire is best

Edit:
    Let me eleborate:
    Dovan Empire is one of the oldest factions in starmade and we have a long and proud history with the game
    Yeah but matt said he was looking for an active faction.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    On point. I respect all old factions but I need one that's not on a respirator in deep coma.

Also people, please do NOT turn this thread into another inter-faction cockfight and e-peen comparison battle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Matt, I have sent you a PM. If you are interested, just give me a poke back.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask as well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Trinova's pretty chill if you want to head that way.

LunaIsBestPony

token ruskie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Aethi's rather desperate for active members. There's really only three of us at the moment.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, thanks for the interest, but there is one very important thing in online gaming that has a huge effect on my decision.

Time.

As you see I'm in the CET (GMT+1) timezone and that caused me some big problems before, as I have to stay up really late if I want to play with people from let's say, the US (I could barely manage to sit through the Blood and Steel tournaments, for that reason)
    For that reason, I'd prefer a faction with a playerbase roughly in the same timezone, so I don't have to choose between destroying my biorhytm or playing alone. I hope you understand.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Our faction has very many members in european timezones, however we are not recruiting at the moment.

I am sure there are other european based factions which are recruiting. Have you tried looking on the major servers and contacting large serverside organisations?

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Our faction has very many members in european timezones, however we are not recruiting at the moment.

I am sure there are other european based factions which are recruiting. Have you tried looking on the major servers and contacting large serverside organisations?
    Erm... there are hardly any such things as "large serverside organizations" unfortunately. Believe me, if I saw a lot of those I wouldn't have become so desperate to start looking for active factions on the Dock.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well, thanks for the interest, but there is one very important thing in online gaming that has a huge effect on my decision.

Time.

As you see I'm in the CET (GMT+1) timezone and that caused me some big problems before, as I have to stay up really late if I want to play with people from let's say, the US (I could barely manage to sit through the Blood and Steel tournaments, for that reason)
    For that reason, I'd prefer a faction with a playerbase roughly in the same timezone, so I don't have to choose between destroying my biorhytm or playing alone. I hope you understand.
    Trinova is fairly well rounded though i'll admit it's 50% at least US. (Though we stay up really late usually.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Notice how if you compare the amount of members stated in both threads, Dovan Empire has more.

And yet we still spend more time in game than you or your faction members have ever done in your entire lives.

On point. I respect all old factions but I need one that's not on a respirator in deep coma.
    Also people, please do NOT turn this thread into another inter-faction cockfight and e-peen comparison battle.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Notice how if you compare the amount of members stated in both threads, Dovan Empire has more.
    That's an archived from 3 years ago and is not their current thread. Watch your overzeal there m8.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4

And yet we still spend more time in game than you or your faction members have ever done in your entire lives.
    This is why we denied your application to Trinova on account of you being too volatile.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Of the people from the Dovan member list, three have logged on since new site became a thing and none of them appear to have been active on the forums lately. Obviously Miraak, Derp and Blue are around though, so I'd say you have roughly 3 forum members, so maybe 5-6 active members total.
    Arstotzka did not really appear to update their member list as much, but that doesn't really matter, I just want activity. You can go on NASS right now and see that they have 14 members on there. Since they only re-joined NASS recently, I can't imagine that number of members is a hold over from years ago. Now, I don't really know what server the Dovans play on now, but on SS you have two members, and on GenX you have one member.
    Not saying you're less active... but you're less active.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, thanks guys, I got a fine picture of what's out there... well, not so fine but I have all the information I need. Before the who's who escalates, I'd like to kindly ask a moderator - MrFURB , Crusade or BearishMushroom to lock this thread. Thank you all for responding.

Reactions: Kamika