Bug my own faction isn't my faction? (single player)

Reaction score
    So I logged off after setting up a nice little factory system on a decayed station. The station and sector are owned by my faction. I log back on to spawn at the original shop. Weird I think, but I build a little scout ship and fly back to my station. Turns out, my station isn't my station. It's owned by my evil twin that logged off. My new character is a fresh new character! I hope I haven't just lost 10 hours of work!

It's happened before, but I never really realized what was going on until now. I only play single player. It's like something is weird with how the game saves character files or something.

Any response would be appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Another Viable option which I have used when I ran into this issue, is to set your faction as public. Then you can just open the faction menu and join it. When your the only member you are automatically put as the founder. Seeing that its a single player world, you don't have to worry about a bunch of random people joining your public faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So this just happened to me. I also lost everything in my personal cargo and all my factioned sectors. What are the steps to fix this?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So this just happened to me. I also lost everything in my personal cargo and all my factioned sectors. What are the steps to fix this?
    Add yourself via admin commands.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    fix yourlogin name to the same name you originally used. sounds to me like you changed it :)

for admin commands type"/faction {Tab key}" into the single player chat window. it will give you a list of all the commands to join factions etc if you need to compare names of avatar

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It happened to me again, I left my main game and went into one of my other worlds to do some testing and went back and was spawned as a new player. Had to fly back to my base and start a new faction. Lost all of my money and cargo I had on me, plus all the sectors I had claimed.
    Of course this only happens on my main world I have been trying to play as realistically as possible.