My first ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys, I just decided I'm done getting blueprints from the forums and that I'm going to make my own ships from now on. This is my first ship and I would appreciate some feedback, positive and negative, to help my building abilities.

http://imgur.com/a/sA1XA

Thanks again!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The shape of the ship is very good, I think, and I like how you made the engines. The use of wedges on the outside is well-done and not over-done.

In terms of criticisms, I would only really say that the white blocks make the ship entirely too bright. I know that isn\'t your fault cause they just racheted up the brightness of them. I would say maybe the \'backbone\' of the ship make hardened black (too much red would probably be too bright with all the white). The contrast would look good, I think. Some other splashes of color like the blocks closest to the engine changed to red could look good too. Maybe some colored lights in the docking bay. The white looks intentional so I wouldn\'t say get rid of it all :P

The room with your core is nice and big, and the power-blocks running down is a nice touch. I would suggest some wedges in the corners of the room and maybe a square of colored blocks around the central pillar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those are actually all good ideas :P. I\'m thinking about changing the hull colour to black and adding some ice crystals to give it a nice glow. I\'ll do that now and I guess post some more pictures in an hour or so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The brightness really makes it stand out, though, which could be a good effect. Like a white dagger against the black of space. It would be too bright close up for me, though :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lol yeah. I might just try some different colour schemes because I\'m thinking about making a fleet and considering this as the frigate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    LOL! it is shaped like a penis! XD

and now that the 10 year old in me is done laughing, i must say that the ship looks pretty good, especially since its your first one.

keep up the good work!