my 1st and will probably be my last post

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Cooldown schmooldown, there is logically no reason you need to uncloak to fire.

/facepalm
    (key skills here; interpretation, reading between the lines)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sure there is crashmaster, its called balance. You will find most games forgo "logic" when it comes to making something playable and fun for all parties involved. Combat should be fun for both the attacker and defender, for both the winner and loser. Think of it in those terms. Is fighting an enemy you cannot see/attack fun, when they can attack you without you being able to do much at all? The answer is no.

As far as the logic of cloaking going down when shots are fired, that's a standard SciFi trope and thus fits the theme and design of starmade. So from a game play standpoint and a setting standpoint the mechanic makes sense.

I think Cloaking could use some more interesting mechanics involved though. right now to me it seems kinda bland.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Even in SciFi shows there are cloaking systems that use enough power to where shooting and cloaking at the same time is illogical. Also in those shows shielding is offline most of the time as well while cloaking.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Even in SciFi shows there are cloaking systems that use enough power to where shooting and cloaking at the same time is illogical. Also in those shows shielding is offline most of the time as well while cloaking.
    Agreed, power supply should limit concurrently active ship devices and it currently does just that in the game engine.
    That's not what we do here for cloaking though, a perma-cloak ship with enormous power capacity reserves and excess generation will be forced out of cloak for firing a pea-shooter that uses little to no power for 'reasons' only if the weapon is fired a certain way.

Cloaking needs work of course, but whether you cite logic or balance for the way it works now both are false reasoning IMO.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    broken as in it no longer works.1st off u have a ship with minimal defensive capabilities 2. the 1 good defensive ability now has an 8 sec cd when firing from cloak i count 8 damn seconds.i used a cloaking ship with max power regen and a small amount of shielding in 8 secs 1 pirate just 1 not a fleet not a station was able to colpletely destroy my ship in 8 secs thats fucking broken.
    You aren't supposed to be able to use cloaking ships for that crap... They're more for scouting and recon than anything else. Once you see what they have, then you bring in the fleet. (Or just one really big ship... or small ship... or whatever the situation requires.) If someone scans you, then you're screwed, and that's how it's supposed to work.

That said, I don't really know if I like that balance (Cloaking should probably use a little less power IMO) but that's how it's intended to be and it at least makes sense.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Looks at "Atlas Armament" 's fully hulled stealth Cruiser.

Laughs at you.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438746350,1438746240][/DOUBLEPOST]I used this in a mock fight. It shoots, cloaks, jams, jumps and it is shielded. I WILL BE BLUNT, do not BLAME YOUR LACK OF EFFORT and INCOMPETENCE on Schema who worked to get a game we all enjoy.

So, does this thing still work in the current patch?