• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Too bugged(please explain)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I sorry, what this software do ? It takes music from the game and play it or just play musics you choose and convert ? If I need to choose the musics, convert it etc, why do I need this and not use some win media player ?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I sorry, what this software do ? It takes music from the game and play it or just play musics you choose and convert ? If I need to choose the musics, convert it etc, why do I need this and not use some win media player ?
    It can do both, depending on the settings.
    And the only upside to any media player is that you don't have to start it separately(or make a script to start both simultaniously)

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well I just launched a second server and I thought at a simple improvement which should be sweet.

Can be possible MusicMade read the music folder from an another place than the server folder installation path ? And if possible choose that folder at the launching ?

It would be nice for severals reasons :
    1. Do not have to duplicate our MusicMade folder on each server folder (spare memory).
    2. Avoid copy-paste and came and went of music files each time we change server (spare time for people who hate duplications).
    3. Be able to make different repertoires and playlists depending our mood or role-play (e.g. robotech/evil empire/peacefull race/etc.).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well I just launched a second server and I thought at a simple improvement which should be sweet.

Can be possible MusicMade read the music folder from an another place than the server folder installation path ? And if possible choose that folder at the launching ?

It would be nice for severals reasons :
    1. Do not have to duplicate our MusicMade folder on each server folder (spare memory).
    2. Avoid copy-paste and came and went of music files each time we change server (spare time for people who hate duplications).
    3. Be able to make different repertoires and playlists depending our mood or role-play (e.g. robotech/evil empire/peacefull race/etc.).
    If the file system the server-folder is on supports links to other files/folders in it, you can just delete the music folder musicmade created upon installation, and instead create a link to the music-library, and rename the link accordingly. If your file system allows links to files not on the computer[some do], you can also link an external music library that way.

However, you should note: If musicmade is installed on the server, it will NOT have ANY effect on clients connecting to it, it will ONLY cause the server to play the music.

Croquelune

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh yes smart idea, thanks ! Totally forgot about shortcut links. Yes it should solve that.

Croquelune

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Seems to doesn't work anymore with the launcher.

EDIT : Well, anyway, I had re-reinstalled the mod and it's work properly this time.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I am on a mac and I tried installing it, but it gives me the message: "Please select the installation of StarMade you want to install MusicMade on". I click ok and nothing happens after that.

Please help.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I am on a mac and I tried installing it, but it gives me the message: "Please select the installation of StarMade you want to install MusicMade on". I click ok and nothing happens after that.

Please help.
    Run the installer from the terminal. (open the terminal, use cd to go to the folder containing the installer, and then run java -jar [insertInstallerFileName] )
    Replicate the error, and please paste the last few lines of the output, especially those generated after clicking 'OK'.

Reaction score
    Tried your method, but I got the same result. There was no lines generated after clicking OK. I also tried waiting 5 minutes to see if it needed time, but nothing changed. Also, what error do you mean exactly?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Tried your method, but I got the same result. There was no lines generated after clicking OK. I also tried waiting 5 minutes to see if it needed time, but nothing changed. Also, what error do you mean exactly?
    The error is simply that nothing is happening. What should happen is that a file selection dialog is shown, in which you select starmade's installation folder. However, the fact that no console output is generated means that the program did not encounter an error as I previously thought. Are you sure no such file dialog is opened, even if not shown initially[e.g. hidden behind other windows or minimized]?

Reaction score
    I am very much certain there was no file dialog opened. If there was I would have noticed by now.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    After looking through the sourcecode of the installer again, I could not find any explanation for this, the relevant section of code is simply:
    Java:
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Please select the installation of StarMade you want to install MusicMade on");
    JFileChooser c=new JFileChooser();
    c.setFileFilter(new FileNameExtensionFilter("*.jar","jar"));
    c.showDialog(null, "Install");
    Thus, the behaviour you are describing(no errors, just nothing happening) is not possible, unless the program gets stuck on one of the first 3 steps. It is unlikely for the program to get stuck on step 2 and 3, thus the only option remaining is that the message dialog is not being closed.
    It is unknown to me what would cause that. I hope this information will help you in determining the cause of the problem.

Reaction score
    I have been researching and testing and I have managed to get it to work.

Code:
    public static void main(String[] args) {
            JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Please select the installation of StarMade you want to install MusicMade on");
            try {
                EventQueue.invokeAndWait(new Runnable() {
                    @Override
                    public void run() {
                        JFileChooser c = new JFileChooser();
                    }
                });
            } catch (InvocationTargetException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    This is the code I have used for the test. I hope this helps!

NOTE: The message with the dialog does work, it just the JFileChooser and mac not co-operating. So this code fixes it for mac.

EDIT: Noticed I did not need a certain variable.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I have been researching and testing and I have managed to get it to work.

Code:
    public static void main(String[] args) {
            try {
                EventQueue.invokeAndWait(new Runnable() {
                    @Override
                    public void run() {
                        JFileChooser c = new JFileChooser();
                    }
                });
            } catch (InvocationTargetException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    This is the code I have used for the test. I hope this helps!

NOTE: The message with the dialog does work, it just the JFileChooser and mac not co-operating. So this code fixes it for mac.

EDIT: Noticed I did not need a certain variable.
    That solution, while it may work, does not explain the cause of the problem. All the aforementioned steps are done in the same order as before, the only difference being that steps 2 through 4 are performed in the thread of the awt eventqueue. While swing is indeed not threadsafe, a multithreading problem, if it only occurs on a single machine, should hardly be repeatable, even on that same machine.

In any case, implementing the fix properly will require a major restructuring of the installer, and as such I will not do so, so long as the problem only occurs on a single machine.

However, a manual installation of musicmade is always possible:
    1. extract the following files from the folder m127/musicmade within the installer jar file, and put them into the StarMade.jar of your starmade installation. Do note that you will need to create an m127/musicmade folder within the StarMade.jar to put the files into.
      • "musicMadeLogo-24x24.png"
      • "MusicMadeMain.class"
      • "MusicMadeFrame.class"
      • "UtilListModel.class"
      • "VolumeSetter.class"
      • "MainStarter.class"
      • "IPlayer.class"
      • "JavaPlayer.class"
      • "SoundBufferWrapper.class"
      • "PaulscodeSoundSystemPlayer.class"
      • "Stopper.class"
    2. open the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file within the StarMade.jar of your starmade installation in a text editor, and edit the line beginning with main-class to point to m127.musicmade.MusicMadeMain instead of starmade's main class (however, do note the original class down)
    3. Create a java properties file[java.util.Properties.store() for details] named "musicmade.cfg" within your starmade installation folder. It must contain the following properties:
      • mainClass : <insert starmade's original main class from before the installation of musicmade>