Music / Ambience

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, I am a huge fan of the game and a music composer. I have noticed a lack or music or ambience, and although I'm sure a ton of people play thier own favorite tunes, I feel like Starmade could have some pretty need tracks included with it. Being in the music industry, I have worked with a few games and have seen how much a difference a "brand" of music can help establish a game's style. I am not requesting to create music for this lovely game, but I would like to see some fitting music someday.

If you would like to check out things I've made, check out my soundcloud at

http://soundcloud.com/breakfastbuddy

thanks!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This sounds pretty awesome. You have a lot of talent!

I don\'t know yet what style of music I\'ll choose for the game if any. It will be most likely very ambient with only very small notes of actual musik. But I don\'t know yet.

cheers,

- schema

Reaction score
    It would be kind of cools if you could add an array of music, but then allow for the effective music in a sector to be controlled by a player station using a block of some kind.

In example if a faction has a planet or station they can add a block on it so that they can have a calm abiance most times but before a fight they could turn the area music into something more blood pumping like a drumming or somethin =P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It could just be as simple as if there are multiple enemy ships in a sector, it could play more tense music. Also, planets could have different music depending on what they are.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Yeah, I\'m looking through your stuff right now. Very neat stuff, reminds me of countless older games I used to play, Tribes 2, Pokemon, Eve Online, Tabula Rasa. Good memories.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks for the positive feedback, I work web time doing web-design and this is a new hobby of mine (along with playing Star-Made, haha). I\'m going to try to make a track that fits with just flying around in this game, I\'ll post it here. A lot of inspiration coming my way! And I haven\'t gotten the chance to try a slower / more ambient song in awhile.

Even some neat brassy/regal music would be neat if the game could detect a very large ship in the sector

Reaction score
    reminds me of time spent exploring the woods in Zelda, Love that nostalgic feeling, THanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I always liked the original Pokemon game music. It has a lot of classic influance, namely Mozart. Sometimes I question whether it\'s a Pokemon song or Mozart when listening to it! haha

But ingame music is a cool idea. Ambience, I don\'t know. Noise in space?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The music could \"grow\" with your ship or fleet, like this; In a certain area it could calculate the music based on two things: Sizes of ships, and number of ships. Both of these factors will add certain elements to the track. More ships means more subdivisions in the track, as in, 1 beat per measure for really peaceful and only a few ships, or frantic 16-32 beats per measure for a sector with tons of ships. The mass of ships will add more commanding instruments; trombones, trumpets, louder drums.

So if you have a bunch of tiny ships in a sector; the music is soft but frantic. One big ship, and its slow and commanding. Lots of lorge ships... well, think of an action sonundtrack or something like inception. I could put together a simple track to show this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I decided the only way I could get the feeling of the music was to play the game for a few hours then immediatly create a track. About 20 minutes of just playing around and I feel it\'s a good start, although it would need to be cleaned up a ton. Later in the song, I incorporated a track addition that only only start if there were other entities in your sector, like one or two ships.

http://soundcloud.com/breakfastbuddy/starmade-test