Multiple Quickbars!

Reaction score
    This suggestion is fairly simple: I want little up/down arrows on the side of the quickbar that lets you select between several "quickbar layouts" (maybe about 4 of them?) and quickly switch between them.

Why? Recent releases have increased the number of things I want in my quickbar.

For larger ships you mostly want different weapons for different situations. For example, I want a damage pulse for "flock of drones", 2 sets of long range missiles, a short range shield killer, a short range hull smasher, a short range "core drill", shield and power drain, and salvagers. On top of that you need docking computer and jump drive; plus maybe a few different defensive effects.

It doesn't fit already, but...

I'd also like to be able to have power supply and shield supply beams for assisting friends in battle; and sooner or later (hopefully) we'll also have more things (like logic activations and maybe drone controls).

Basically; it'd be really nice if I could (e.g.) setup one "quickbar layout" for long range fighting, one for short range fighting, one for defense and another for "non-combat" (docking, jump drive, etc). :)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We don't need that. We just need everything control-able by logic.

Quick-bar #6..10 : Logic buttons which switch between setups
    Quick-bar #1..5 : Logic buttons which trigger different things if (logic + (correct setup) = true)

Maybe we also need logic-controlled display blocks to give one the text of another.

# Setups
    # 0000 Docking
    # 0001 Support
    # 0010 Weapons
    # 0011 E-War
    # 0110 Move effects

# Actions
    # 1 bla
    # 2 blabla
    # 3 foo
    # 4 bar
    # 5 variable text :)

Having different Quick-Bars in different Cockpits | Seats could work too while preserving the feel of flying a capital ship which requires Crew
    NPCs in these seats could then add a second + tab in your Quick-Bar

If you really have multiple Quick-Bars, do it right : make left and right part individually switch-able!

If you need to switch seats (would like that), but you need to be able to do that before you are dead.
    => Combats need to last longer than 8-11 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think qweezdy is on to something. That's kinda how I used to play wow and eq.

It really is dumb that you have to re setup your buttons if you have a few too many. ... especially docking modules.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This suggestion is fairly simple: I want little up/down arrows on the side of the quickbar that lets you select between several "quickbar layouts" (maybe about 4 of them?) and quickly switch between them.
    And in build mode the whole inventory should be available this way. Also, the quickbar could be expanded, there are two more buttons between '0' and backspace.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd rather have the buttons at my mouse wheel or fx where x is one of {asdf qwer yxcv}
    needs game support though :/

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm not sure about this. It make it so people don't build ships that can do anything, and if you want to be able to do anything, it'll be a pain to do so. If you can't fit everything on the bar, instead of thinking there aren't enough slots, maybe you should think that you have too many things.