Multi-type selection/ignore for Build-Mode

Reaction score
    I know the title's a smidge confusing, and I'll change it when a better statement appears.

Basically, as I'd said HERE in response to the difficulties the OP was having with rail-docking:

PART THE FIRST!! :

We need a way to select more than one block-type when we're doing the Advanced Build Mode bounded area removal.

EX-01: I'm re-painting portions of my ship, so I need to be able to select ALL the relevant armor types.
    EX-02: I'm changing out a weapon all at once, so I need to be able to select the computer AND it's modules.

Normally, this takes anywhere from 2 to 5 trips into the "selective removal" menu, and changing it each time to the next block-type in the que of what you're removing.

We should be able to select more than one thing at a time, is what I'm saying.

PART THE SECOND! :
    We need a way to IGNORE more than one block-type when we're doing the Advanced Build Mode bounded area removal.

EX-01: I need to remove everything except power reactors and capacitors from a section of my ship, as I'm re-designing everything that isn't the power system.

EX-02: I need to remove everything but the Rail-basic and Rail Rotators from section of my ship, as i'm re-designing everything that isn't the Elevator system.

That might take as many as 20 trips into the menu, picking out everything that I've put into the ship that isn't a Power Reactor or Power Capacitor.
    (and god forbid I've any reason to do this to a ship I've captured, since I don't have the full picture of what's in that area)

With Ignore, and multi-select, I'd be able to choose to ignore the power/rail stuff, and simply delete everything else within the bounded area.

Last edited: