multi command ships

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One problem I'm having when I play Starmade is how am i meant to get multiple people in a ship and have them only press one button that shoots a cannon off to the side or get into a weapon computer and having them be stuck on whatever cam the pilot has. So my Idea is to have Ship control blocks, so they would work as build blocks so other plays can get in them and each one has computers assigned to them.
    So each player in a Control block can freely change cameras and use a variety of weapons, support and inner ship remotes.

you could also add the function to build blocks to save on adding another block

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    People can already get into weapons computers and use them.
    You can also use player-controlled turrets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    but not control multiple weapons at once nor freely change camera of the weapon. Turrets don't really factor into this I think I'm thinking of controlling those broadside cannons and a dedicated person to man the main weapons as another pilot the ship you can use turrets for that but it is messy.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Via use of inner ship remotes and wireless modules players can also use docked entities while controlling logic on the main ship as well as any weapons directly available on the docked entities.
    It separates the weapons as well meaning it needs to be AI controlled if no players are available (turrets will revert to root entity control by default).
    As for multi-control of the root entity, well best you can do is have folks use your computers, press buttons or jump in turrets.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the dev team is already planning this for the future with some sort of command chair or control block. (Being able to control multiple systems, defined by the builder). Can anyone on the council verify if this is being considered?

Reactions: NeonSturm

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Chairs are supposed to have a few features that would allow you to have better immersion and control these better, but that's a maybe right now.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I've had success with docking additional 2-block core entities on my bridge so that others can get into and out of the docked entity systems from the safety of the bridge.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've had success with docking additional 2-block core entities on my bridge so that others can get into and out of the docked entity systems from the safety of the bridge.
    Until the turret they jumped into overheats.

If you control the turret base in a safe location, could you also dock the turret-docking-plate to the core in the bridge?
    EDIT: I talk about another type of "docket lagreactor" :)