Multi-block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the auxilliary power block was a good idea, but I feel like Schine is missing out on an opportunity to add some more depth to our ships. Something my friends and I have long wished to see in the game has been multi-block structures. Power reactors and capacitors are a small step in that direction, wherein having the number of blocks, and their shape, provide a bonus to their performance. The multi-blocks I'm speaking of, however, are more along the lines of using multiple blocks to actually create a device.

In the case of the new power block, I would have loved it if they could have done something similar to the nuclear reactors from Big Reactors or fusion reactors in the Voltz mod, both for Minecraft. These allow the players to use their creativity to figure out more complex and efficient setups for the reactors. They can be scaled to provide power based on the amount needed. They provide a risk that adds roleplay and tactical elements to the game (core breaches, overheating/meltdown.)

Given the complexity already offered with all of the logic, I think the game has moved beyond the point of relying on such simple systems as were originally introduced. That's not to say that I think they should be replaced altogether, but beyond the basics, when you start getting into more elaborate ship designs - like those requiring auxilliary power blocks, it would be wonderful to see the game embrace a deeper design model that is ultimately more rewarding.

Picture having an engineering room on your ship with a working reactor, like you would see in nearly any sci-fi show, that you can walk around, one that can be monitored, tweaked, upgraded, sabotaged, might need to be maintained from time to time, or even require a regular fuel source to run.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I feel like people are drastically underestimating the depth you can get into with internal armor designs for reactors.

Reactions: Nickizzy
    Reaction score
    I share the OP's opinion, these Aux Batteries (a better name should be "capital reactors") are far too simple. Any modern power generation system would have a control computer, cooling systems, fuel systems, and whatever sci-fi thingies you would want to add.

A lot of the Minecraft mods do have robust systems for reactors that are easy enough to build, but a challenge to optimize.

It would take a lot of effort to come up with a scaleable system that was easy enough to set up, but would reward good design.

I fear that people will get used to this new system, make new ships, and then Schine doesn't want to change things again.

I'm hoping this Aux Battery is a placeholder system, to be replaced at a later date with something more robust.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like if you can archive 80-90% efficiency by just putting big blobs down, but for the rest to 100% you should optimize.

The only problem with this is multiplication of power and weapon efficiency, It's actually 64% / 81% weapon output if both weapons and reactors are at 80% 90%.
    Tech levels or "tiers of designs"