Moving spaceship view for flight mode

Reaction score
    I have found seeing from the core quite annoying when attempting to make a secure ship with the core tucked away nicely...
    So, do any of you have a suggestion/knowlage of how to move the view of the pilot? I've attempted using the SD Cockpit, but I can't link it with the weapons systems, and therefore removes the point of moving the view.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    SchemaDyne cockpits are for transporting other people.

While flying, you can a spin the mouse wheel backwards to move the view over to the back of the ship, like, 3rd person view, but it only goes Straight behind (so actually you can\'t see what\'s in front of the ship, just arround it) and you can\'t move the view Forward, which is what you would need for your plan.

But there\'s a way to keep your core safe while being able to see from it. The blocks are only visible on the sides which are not touching other blocks, so the rest is invisible, you can simply fill up a line of blocks in front of the core, and you will be able to see everything in front.

-Mike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm, this game should have linkable cameras to the core though, so we\'d be able to see other parts of the ship without having to manually go there and the like. I\'m thinking such like a wing mounted camera that\'ll allow you to see the rest of the ship from above/side, but still requires you to actually go inside the ship and access the core to use.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the cockpits are what you are looking for indeed. Just press the \"left\" or \"right\" arrows on your keyboard in flight mode to switch your view through all the cockpits you attached to the ship.

Reaction score
    Thanks for that information,
    The last few month I\'ve been building ships, that\'s the main reason I\'ve been so inactive, this piece of information will be invaluable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nice, good to know that :D

Though then the description of SD Cockpit could be edited to mention that feature :P

Reaction score
    sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question that is related: Schema, would it be possible to make the blocks opaque when viewed in flight mode?

I know it happens when looking at blocks through glass sometimes....was just wondering as it is really nasty trying to see through a half broken ship front when in battle lol