Moveable Ship Core

Reaction score
    why not just make the ship core impossible to more for 2 minutes or so after taking any kind of damage? that prevents any exploits

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please, For the love of god and all that is holy, for the entire universe and beyond, for every living thing on this planet, do this. There is a ton of great ideas suggested above, just please let us move our cores. Thank you.

Reaction score
    I\'d put a 10 minute limit on core movement after combat just to minimize any silliness. Good idea though.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Come on, this was suggested yesterday as well! And in another topic the day before that, I belive. Why can\'t people just check the few latest pages before posting?!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes all for moving it. My problem is not that the core is nto protected enough, but the fact that is on the bridge of the ship rather then being in the middle of the ship. So when it pivots (Turns Sideways, or Up and Down,) The whole rest of the shop rotates around the front, and its bloody ridiculous, I think that two thing would affect my case. The first and probably the easiest would be to move the core.

I would see the core being able to move, even if it had a 30-60 timer on the transfer.even if during that time it was at both locations, or just ghosted at the new location. OR if when in person, (Not in your ship) you can actually go, and place a new core, and it asks you if you would like to replace the core for XXXXX ship. This way it could not be done easily in a battle, so less abusable.

The other think I think should be added is directional/manovuring thrusters to make your ship turn faster. because right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi everyone,

I got an idea.. :D a couple ideas in fact.

SO: about the movable core.. great idea, though I see the problem with the \"Oh I\'m getting shot, better get this thing away\" - thingy. So my Idea is this: you can\'t move the core! Wait! I\'m not done. because you can. Whenever you buy a ship via blueprints. My Idea is, when you save the blueprints of a ship, it\'s not going to be saved with the respective core, but you\'ll have the choice of letting it spawn with the core. Instead when you buy it, it spawns without and you\'ll be asked to place a building block or either one of the cores on the ship. You can\'t buy a ship, if you don\'t have a core block. OOR you can and you\'ll still be asked and then just auto-buy the used core.

That way, you can\'t exploit the movable core and I think that approach is not that much of a pain in the ass in terms of coding.. since your core is basically the first block you place. The rest of the ship will be spawned around it as if you built it yourself, only that you didn\'t.

Number 2: About what Saikred said about the ship\'s turning behavior.. just calculate the center of gravity.. tadah :D well easier said than done, but you guys can do it :D

Number 3: It wouldn\'t be as bad, if you could just enter the frickin\' cockpits :D

And please excuse spelling and/ or grammar mistakes, I\'m German :P

Greetings :P!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While i think this is a decent idea, there is nothing currently stopping people from just slapping on a 10x10x10 block of hull/hardenhull/shields currently while under attack. so i think moving the core in combat is not as exploitive as some of the other things you can do with ships.

Just let them move the core while in a fight, while the other ship poundes them with volleys of missles and AMC\'s :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I disagree that the core should be moveable. Besides it probably being the coding equivalent of a surgery in which you remove someone\'s spine and relocate it to another part of the body, the core should be the nexus around you create your ship. You should PLAN on the core being in the best possible place. That said, I think that the core should be inaccessable, and your entry into your ship should be a pilot block. Here\'s a good suggestion on the forum I found: http://star-made.org/content/another-block-enter-ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, as a mater of fact the awesome Starmade moding/(hacking?) community has already developed a tool for this….

Currently it’s called “Offline Ship Viewer” by jjaquinta though as more features are added I’d expect it to become a full fledged editor…

So where you get this core moveing, ship rotating awesomeness, you may ask?

Boom! http://star-made.org/comment/41750#comment-41750

Note: BACK UP YOUR SHIP/Game before using. Also moving the core of a large(over 1k blocks) ship takes a lot of processing power… and may crash :(

** Use at own risk