Mouse sensitivity tied to FPS in Linux

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, so I made the switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu a couple days ago, and it all went well, I have StarMade up and running and whatnot, but I noticed that my mouse sensitivtiy is painfully low (it takes over a minute to spin a full circle) when I lock the game to 60 FPS. The higher the FPS, the more responsive my moue sensitivity is, so if it's any higher than about 450 it works just fine, but if it gets lower, my sensitivity becomes much less responsive.

I did play with the sensitivity setting, but it has no effect unless I have over 450 FPS. That's when it works okay. It wasn't a big problem until the update today, which makes it so my FPS drops below 400 quite often, usually down around 120 which slows my mouse down so much it's unplayable.

I was hesitant to put this up here as a bug because it works just fine in Windows, but in Linux this happens. I know some other people have/had this problem, but I'm not sure how they fixed it.

Java: Oracle Java 7 JRE
    Mouse: Razer Taipan

If you need anymore information, I'll be happy to provide it.

Reaction score
    I have noticed this as well, but I normally don\'t even get 60 FPS, and my sensitivity is fine. However, if I go into an area with a lot of ships (or a planet), and my FPS drops, the sensitivity becomes slow and somewhat jerky.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My windows laptop has this same problem. It happens when it drops below 20 fps. Mouse just seems to stop responding until i move it suddenly, to which it snaps about 50 degrees in the direction i\'m moving my mouse.

It makes it terrible to play. :(

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll take a look at it and try to fix it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d like to confirm that this happens. I have a laptop with optimus and I\'m on linux. If I run starmade with intel\'s gpu, mouse movement is very jerky and it\'s unplayable while with a dedicated nvidia gpu it goes just fine.

Thanks.