Mouse Position Issues / GUI Buttons not Working

Reaction score
    Hello, I just bought Starmade on steam and I am having major issues getting the game to function properly.

Mouse positioning is not lining up correctly with my native monitor resolution (1920x1080). I've tried using both windowed and fullscreen mode but can't to fix it.
    I can't seem to get mouse input to work on the GUIs either. I can bring some up with keybinds but they simply will not accept input from the mouse.

Tested with JRE and JDK 1.8.
    Have latest Nvidia drivers.
    Using latest release build of Starmade v0.1882.

Reaction score
    After adjusting some settings in the settings.cfg I have managed to get the buttons to respond to mouse clicks. Though the mouse positioning is still way off. Setting the game to fullscreen mode with "S_MOUSE_LOCK = true" causes the screen to freeze whenever a GUI is loaded until I alt tab out and back into the game. Setting the game to fullscreen mode with mouse lock on causes the game to freeze upon spawning into the world showing a small rectangular box in the upper left corner of the screen.

Fullscreen Mode ON + S_MOUSE_LOCK = false → Responsive GUI buttons but no free look camera.
    Fullscreen Mode ON + S_MOUSE_LOCK = true → Non-responive GUI buttons + GUI load screen freezes.
    Windowed Mode ON → Non-responsive GUI buttons

DxDiag
    http://pastebin.com/YwbBuQZ5

Reaction score
    • Tester
    redownload the starter from this webpages download section and make a clean install in an unprotected folder.
    there have been reports with steam installs and mouse problems lately.
    if it works we may figure out what is causing that.

Reaction score
    I forgot to mention that I've been testing with both the Steam client and the web site client. Both having the same problems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    i am also experiencing this problem i had the game before when it was free but recently bought the game on steam.. just to be clear the problems did not start until the game was linked to steam

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    update: I recently deleted the game from steam and installed from this site as instructed. still having the same issues. =(