Mothership Pollux (build)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    In this thread I want to introduce my WIP capital ship Pollux [currently named Berlin because I like how the letters on the hull turned out and don't want to rip them off]
    The design is rather simple but I'm trying to stuff a ton of details on the hull and inside.
    For now I'm not sure about the interior but I'd like to add a bunch of detailed rooms and hangars for roleplay although i doubt that due to it's size the ship will ever be suited for roleplay servers :/
    It is roughly 1500m in length, 420m wide and 275m high.
    I wanted the design to resemble a massive battleship with a little somewhat industrial toutch and I used a lot of different inspirations from Star Destroyers to modern day battleships and the style of Star Citizen's ships.

Next are some pictures of the exterior

I hope you enjoy my build and find dome time to comment.
    -See you around in the Forums

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Overall I like it a lot, a bit boxy though. The detailing so far is really good, keep that up!
    It reminds me pretty heavily of the Akkan Battlecruiser in Sins of a Solar Empire.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Details are sexy. Could do with a wider midsection, to give it a better silhouette. I would use big fat armor plating and depth illusions for such a big and bulky build. And I would really suggest some deviations in those absurdly long lines and flat areas.

As for the weapons, a giant spine-mounted railgun would be badass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thanks a lot for your replies!
    MineCatFTW Thanks. putting tose little bars, vents and boxes all over the hull takes some time- nice to see that it turned out to be worth it :D.

Zeno9141 You're right! I think for the sake of my nerves I won't widen the middle section but your idea with the armor plating and "splitting"of the long and flat areas is perfect. I've never really come to an idea what to add so you don't get tired looking at these plain areas :rolleyes::D.

maybe something like on Rumcajz 's JANA ...

And in terms of weapons I guess I'll stick with the railgun as main system since something like that was on my mind when i put that fat tube on the front section.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    very nice ship. i like this ship, so many details. :) I can not wait for the plating. it will be more perfect than yet i think. :) anyway keep it up. ;)

Reaction score
    Looks awesome bro, love the greebling on the inside of those front sections.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Wow! Thanks for all your replies and likes:D. Didn't expect this to blow up so fast.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looks great so far. I imagine it'll look much better with more details, etc. Patiently awaiting the completed version. Props.

Reaction score
    Thanks for your comment Rumcajz :).
    Here's a little update on the hull remake.
    Some of the tiles and plates are supposed stick out farhter than others and I'll add some more stuff like vents on them and maybe coloration, too.
    Man that's nice lookin. I'll have to do something similar!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Unfortunately the Forums Team had to reset all forum entries to june 11th. That's why I'm putting this up here again...

Anyways: the hull design has been reworked and I added some details.
    I'm not sure about the white plex lights yet but at least they're better than ice crystals.
    The furrows and plates are supposed to cover the awkward flat-and-boxy-look.

Next up I'm gonna add some orange stripes on the front section and the two external engines at the back.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looks nice , are there only forward weapons ? since i dont see any sideward gun batteries wich would fit the ships shape.
    Anyhow , good job keep it up :D

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That greebling in picture 8 is absolutely stunning. It is always nice when a builder builds the greebles with purpose and obvious shape instead of just spamming the build button to make "greebles". My only complaint is that the steel frame structure that holds up the side engines seems a bit "weak" to hold them up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That greebling in picture 8 is absolutely stunning. It is always nice when a builder builds the greebles with purpose and obvious shape instead of just spamming the build button to make "greebles". My only complaint is that the steel frame structure that holds up the side engines seems a bit "weak" to hold them up.
    Thanks a lot :) ! Those greeblings took alot of time. I thought since the overall shape is a bit boring I needed to "spice it up" a little :D.
    For those steel frames... Now that you mentioned it it looks somewhat broken but they actually don't support the hulls. they were thought to hold down facing flak turrets later on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Now that the hull is around 95% done (except for that nasty dome on the underside) I'm starting to add power, shields and turrets on that bad boy. I've only added some minor details and the tanks on the back section. The inner layout with shields and power may take ssome time since the interior is so awkwardly huge and I want power generation and shelding to be as effective as possible.

Quite much to fill out :eek:. And that damn dome won't finish itself either :mad::mad::mad:.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would suggest waiting on placing shields since it looks like a new type of shield block will be added soon.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A bit too boxy for my taste but it looks nice!!! The superposing armor plates really help alleviate the flatness :D. This is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Wow thanks jzimmerman4 and keptick :D! I guess I will take your advice at heart and wait with the internals of the ship until I know that I don'thave to rebuild it entirely after the next patch...

In my defense ... The boxy shape is my conception of the most menacing kind of ship, which I intended to make. As you said I wanted to build something that's "a force to be reckoned with" ... Not to mention that I would probably become insane from putting blocks into a considerably appealing shape by 1500 blocks in lenght.:D I guess I'm just to lazy for that.