MORE WEAPONS!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I personally think you need more kinds of weapons. A few being character weapons avaidable for purchase at shops for (I think) ALOT! My reason for this is: as the new movement and shade update is coming soon I think player combat out of ships would be fun. Another thing that I want to do as a cinematic is having a dropship droping players and the new AI characters onto a planet and having like an inter-planet siege. This would be fun as you could make some mini-games up (I think the one I think of already exists).

Next point on weapons. As I've been scrolling round the suggestions I've seen many ask for railguns, DAMMIT JUST ADD THEM! They're cool and like they could have high hull penetration and high damage but low shield damage and reload. Also something like a laser would be cool. Basicly that is a damaging version of the salvage thingy. Finally I think that AMC should get a bit of tweaking (NOT TWERKING!). The more damage they do, the more the relod time is (And more damage for the bigger guns). This would make combat between big 'heavy' ships a bit more fun as most space combat games or movies. The big mother trucker ships are slow, slow firing and freaking beast!

Ok I've think I've typed enough, May add more suggestions in the comments!

Reaction score
    So there have been a few news posts that I think you\'ve missed, you might want to give them a read ;)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    For some reason I read you comment in the voice of someone speaking very quickly and enthusiastically without actually knowing much about what they are talking about -no offence intended-

Reaction score
    Some ideas of my own: Rail/Gauss Guns/Cannons: long reload, but lots of Hull Damage and very fast projectile speed, it also takes a log to power

Laser Guided Missiles and Camera Controlled Missiles

Shot guns

Flame Throwers: useless except in atmosphere (area denial to your ship core too!) and mostly hand held. But ship flame throwers would be crazy, but fun!

EMP Missiles, Indcendiary Missiles and \'bullets\' (incendiary bullets do not burn people! they do however cause more damage, but cost more), caustic Missiles? Nuclear War heads and Anti Matter Missiles along with real AMCs. Maybe those would just be exotic ammo for regular missle launchers, so the launchers determin how they are launched, but exotic ammo does different dmg.

Plasma Cannons. Ion Cannons

On a non weapon note, but something I believe would be awesome, would be grappling hook types of things. Like in Ender\'s Game (at least the book, haven;t seen the movie), when Bean found the rope, they could swing around the \'Stars\' (block floaty stuff). So you could shoot one at a station of something and snap around the other side to shoot a pursuer you can\'t shake, and then disconnect it manually. You could also use it like a sling shot, attach it to a larger ship that goes much faster and then fly at the enemy fleet, the big ship stops and you can disconnect your tow line and shoot forward into the enemies!

I would love to have that in game, but I know it would be REALLY hard to make, so that your battle ships can\'t attach to a smaller but faster ship (just a lot of engines) and move around like that, no...