More weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    they need to add more weapons to the game because all you can us is the antimatter cannons. You can add beam weapons or better rockets something.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Missile need to be better, they are so slow and useless agianst sheilds and there are no capital style weapons like railguns or large high damage cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought doing 1000 damage a shot would count as high damage..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can only do 1,000 damg a shot with antimatter cannons there the only weap in the game thats worth the money

Reaction score
    At least, not unless they have a completely new mode of operation, like the recent pulse canons.

I think it would be better if the current weapons were tweaked to make them fill more roles. The one that gets thrown around a lot is having AMCs fire slower the larger they get instead of faster; why make one \"fast laser\" block and one \"slow laser\" block when you could just make AMCs do both, and every imaginable thing in between?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I fully support the idea of slower firing AMCs the bigger they get, Every capital ship is a minigun or autoshotgun but weapon variability though would be great.

Railguns, High power consumption, slow rate of fire, can penetrate several blocks but only does minor damage to each block. Medium impact to shields.

Artilery Lasers/shells whatever. High speed, low rate of fire, high damage, small splash radious, (3-5 blocks?), no penetration. Regular impact to shields.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think missiles should travel faster and do redused damage to sheilds ( not 1 dmg ). They are quite under powered at the moment, and missiles are only useful for blowing up unshielded things people are too lazy to destroy with AMC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    only energy based weapons can damage shields, not things like missiles (happens in almost every sci fi game/movie)

\"common logic\"

your supposed to use the amcs to kill the enemies shields then blow them to hell with the missiles while still keeping the shields down.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I personally feel like missiles need an overhaul. The size of your missile array shouldnt determine its damage and blast radius, that should just be based on the missile you are using. Perhaps dumb missiles would do more damage than the lock on missiles or heat seaking ones. Then they could tweak the blast radius and damage seperatly from speed, reload and range.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right, his comment was focused on a lack of high damage weapons. I want to know just how much damage did he want to do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thing is, the AMCs aren\'t pure directed energy weapons. AMC. AntiMatter Cannon. It\'s a projectile weapon. If you used it on an antimatter or energy shielded target, it\'d just be a straight up kinetic energy weapon. Since you\'re using it on standard matter, it\'ll annihilate with it (thereby acting as an energy weapon) and do more damage, but it has no real reason to be more effective than an ordinary bullet against an energy shield.

You could use plasma, which would make some sense (heat energy), or lightning (although how you\'re conducting electricity in a vaccum is a mystery). Really, lasers are the only directed energy weapons I can think of that might be interesting, given that a plasma cannon would function identically to the AMCs. Laser beams, though, could be interesting. The only issue is that, with the way beams function right now, widely spaced lasers would completely miss small targets.

Perhaps you could add some sort of \'Combine Beams\' block that marks a line where all the lasers fire to meet up and join into one big beam. You could even have special bonuses to the main beam depending on the arrangement the miniature ones meet up in. You could link it to the outputs of the beams, then have it collect them at a distance from the block you can set in the weapons menu. You could even have multiple different types of beam connect to the one block and set them to have different collection differences.

Yeah, I like that. Lasers to cut through the shield, AMCs to damage the ship and keep the shield suppressed via annihilation, Missiles for use against large or stationary targets.

Reaction score
    Coolest thing would still be mod-blocks:

You\'d attach one to an AMC array, and it would spread fire for example (but with reduced damage in that case), or do other fancy stuff. There could be hundreds of different types of mod-blocks, each that would do something cool (maybe even color mods), and there would be mod-blocks that would conflict with each other, etc etc.

It would really suit the whole \"make your own stuff\" theme of the game.

Reaction score
    If you look in the files for starmade, go to \"StarMade/data/audio-resourse/Weapons-Lasers\"

This folder contains sounds for many weapons that are not in the game, I think that this is a good indication of what Schema might add.

Reaction score
    I would love to see an extra tab for ship slots, with 3 slots. And that these slots you can add extra stuff like special ammo, shields, speed, missile decoys, power boost, turn speed, etc. that these items are limited to one use or limited time duration and these items can be made from material or found in loot. That there is a time penalty to changing items during battle from a few secs to mins.

So say you have a L4 rock and that it could be turned into 200 rounds of high explosive armor piercing rounds (hits 3 blocks instead of one) for the cannon.

Would be cool and it would make the game more diverse, give challenges, be more tactical and strategic.