More Varieties of Weapons (not an I WANT LAZORS thread)

Reaction score
    hits in an one block radius in a strait line for penitration damage. 5 second minimum reload but uses a very large amount of energy to fire.

Reaction score
    Ok, I really didn\'t expect this sort of attention on my first thread! 3 days straight and it\'s still at the top of the page, this really touches me a lot. Thank you.

Alright, now to respond to some replies.

@Nootau: To be honest, I seriously didn\'t consider that possibility, but I think your solution would work best. It could also work as a safety feature to prevent people from accidentally blowing up their own space stations.

@nitsuaWebb: You need to refine your idea a little bit. It seems like there\'s a good idea in there somewhere, but I can\'t find it. Don\'t get so caught up in the \"cool factor\" and go off explaining its effects or the science behind it, but instead bring it down to its bare bone essentials and ask yourself \"does something like this already exist in the game?\" If not, then follow up with \"does the game really need something like this?.\" All my suggestions come from little niches that I feel the current weapon selections (or lack therof) do not fulfill. So, go back, refine your idea, then tell us what you come up with.

@jzimmerman4: \"I really like all of your ideas except the first\"

*puts on best Dalek impersonation*

EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN! EXPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

*cough*

Now that that\'s out of the way, I really like your suggestion, and I can see what your are getting at. It does need a bit more refining, but not much. And maybe a bit more work on balancing it. Try and find some other way to balance it, aside from the whole \"it draws a lot of power\" thing. Be creative with it. With a little work, this could be really great.

@HadrasVorshoth: Ok, I\'m just gonna say this right now. On a high concept level, this weapon is brilliant. I just absolutely love it. However, on the specifics of the weapon, you might want to refine it more because currently it seems to be far to similar to the Pulsator. Also, you might want to change the name, as Mass Impulse implies something like a railgun or coilgun.

@reddragonfall: You mean like the Hellfire Missile Pods? Yeah, that would be epic. They\'d need to be, indiviudally, very weak as to prevent them from being overpowered, but yeah. Build on this idea a bit more, because I would very much like this myself. Also, your second idea seems like it would be complicated, but still interesting. Build on that one to while you\'re at it.

@Alexander Prime: The primary difference between the AMC and the RPPC is that the RPPC has a much higher base rate of fire than the AMC. This allows it to be used for various things that the AMC just can\'t do. So...Both? On your second point, I really didn\'t consider that possibility...hm...that could be a problem. So, yeah, there will have to be limits.

Looking through all these responses, I\'m seeing quite a few weapons ideas, some of them being really good. I have an idea that I think would both help clear up the forums and help draw Schema\'s attention towards these good ideas. I can\'t do it right now because I have to leave for class, but you will see it soon! Thanks for your responses and I hope that you all have a good day!

See you in space!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can kinda see where your coming from OP on the RPPC, but I\'m gonna still have to agree with Alexander. The RPPC is the kind of weapons design you might get from something like Call of Duty, where each weapons is kinda different but still really similar with just some slight changes to stats. This game should strive to have weapons more like Unreal Tournament because of its nature where each gun is unique in its own way and serves it\'s own purpose along with having different advantages and disadvantages.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    RPPC cannot work out. The rate of fire would be faster than the server\'s rate of data, since with no blocks limit, it could easely go wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    personal StarMade server might be around 1Mbps. That\'s one million bits every second, with a maximum integer value at approximately 99,006,562,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000... on to over three hundred thousand digits. If a gun has a rate of fire that can choke that connection, then data transfer is not the game\'s first problem.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I liked all the ideas, except the RPPC, because you can already customize A/M cannon to do a similar effect.

Reaction score
    People aren\'t understanding the RPPC, Sure, You could get the same effect with AMC, But to do that, You\'d need a Capship sized setup, The weapon is supposed to deliever extreme ROF in a small package, perfect for tiny fighters and AA turrets.

RPPC is supposed to be a Minigun essentially. And I want it bad.

Reaction score
    they travel at the speed of light, being electromagnetic waves. they are, in essence, light at a very high frequency (just as radio is light at a low frequency).

Reaction score
    the game is programmed to use a limited number of actions per second (can\'t remember but it was in the realm of one to twenty). the game smoothens it out but there is a delay in control inputs as a result.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I understand it perfectly, but this could be implementing without adding a whole new weapon if the potency of the weapon stat changing was increased.