More stock ships

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, stations look pretty easy. Make my station, copy to blueprints-stations/(pirates/trading-guild). Seems like a no brainer on that one.

Ships look like they would go in blueprints-default, but I don't see how to adjust permission except manually in-game. Still, ship packs look doable even if they take more work then I want. (does anyone with technical expertise know how to edit the ship files?)

Multiple pirate factions, it looks like we have to wait on that. I think the customFactionConfig is for global settings. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Long story short, if you have a problem with the current default ships/stations, I'd really like to see what you can come up with. I think I just found my next major project. Anyone have any suggestion/ideas/requests?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Would be nice if there was a wider range for changing what player and AI faction could use what ships and stations in the catalog. Say for example the checkboxes remain but when checked a combobox appears under them for Faction and AI that lets us pick what factions are allowed to use what. In this case the faction combobox would list player factions while the AI combobox would list AI factions. The player one would default to the current faction if any the player in question is in and the AI one would default to all. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I for one would like to understand how to include blueprints that would be used by pirates. More however, I would like to know how to 'exclude' blueprints from being used. I am building all sorts of things in my own SP universe, things like turrets, ships, reactors, all often in multiple stages of completion, using the blueprints as a save mechanism. The problem is that the local trade guild spawns them in as it's ships. So there is a ship detection system floating out in deep space thinking it is a trade ship. There are disembodied point defense systems just floating around named as trade ships, etc..

Yes, I can /destroy_entity, and I do, repeatedly, but that is far from an ideal situation. I want for the game to spawn much more interesting pirates and the like. However I do not want the game spawning in my half finished power reactor. What should I be doing? Is there a directory in which we should save those ships we want the game to use as pirates?

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah change the permissions in game. If you want your ships to appear as pirate/trade ship just make sure the list contains no more that 8 ships that are enemy usable. That seems to be a sweet spot.

Reaction score
    I don't think you get what I am saying. The ship in question is an Isanth VI. An old, crappy ship that barely even works anymore. New players are often confused by having to build a ship right off the bat. They don't know what to do with all of the components they have. This way, they get an crap ship, they can fly it around a bit, and eventually they will notice how they can improve it, and that way learn the building mechanics. Don't think of it as the trading guild giving you a ship, think of it as you having just bought an outdated, cheap ship.
    The isanth VI isnt actually all the bad when you wedge it out and rework the weapons like i did.
    Also it can actually have a pretty good interior.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Criss, might I suggest that when you have contests, have them for a specific faction or design style, and provide some teaser media to help guide the community in style, form, and function. A small sample of art or some partial builds may go a long way towards focusing people on consistently themed creations.

As an example, if you wanted to add a new pirate faction, you could throw out something like below to help the community know the flavor you're looking for with their suggestions. Hopefully, that would save you guys time trying to sort through submissions and pair up enough similar creations to make a consistent faction.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Criss, might I suggest that when you have contests, have them for a specific faction or design style, and provide some teaser media to help guide the community in style, form, and function. A small sample of art or some partial builds may go a long way towards focusing people on consistently themed creations.
    If and when new contests happen this is exactly what will happen. There are plenty of ideas for factions and races and stuff. I have already started brainstorming things with other team members. If we are looking for player built assets we will provide stricter guidelines.

Reactions: kiraen