More "Spherical" Planets

What shape should the planets be?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    @Ithirahad
    I ran the latest build of SM today at 6pm GMT and it did indeed seem faster to load the planets but only if they were small. Landing on the planet surface seemed to make that plate instantly render however I was experience an odd bug where I was getting ghost planets and non-render. So I'm going to say that its probably something that is still being worked on.

By MP do you mean you are running a dedicated server remotely and connecting over the net or like my running a dedicated server locally and connecting a second instance of the client to the server. Something I do a lot for my friends.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    @Ithirahad
    I ran the latest build of SM today at 6pm GMT and it did indeed seem faster to load the planets but only if they were small. Landing on the planet surface seemed to make that plate instantly render however I was experience an odd bug where I was getting ghost planets and non-render. So I'm going to say that its probably something that is still being worked on.

By MP do you mean you are running a dedicated server remotely and connecting over the net or like my running a dedicated server locally and connecting a second instance of the client to the server. Something I do a lot for my friends.
    Remote server; not mine but the test server.

Reaction score
    Personally IMO I liked the old cookie style planets. They were easy to build on and great for harvesting. As for a suggestion could two placed flat side to flat side make a better style of planet.

Also could not both styles be generated to let those of us who like the old style have a choice.

Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Personally IMO I liked the old cookie style planets. They were easy to build on and great for harvesting. As for a suggestion could two placed flat side to flat side make a better style of planet.

Also could not both styles be generated to let those of us who like the old style have a choice.
    Allow a server owner to configurate the chances of spawning a disk-type or dodecahedron-type planet.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Allow a server owner to configurate the chances of spawning a disk-type or dodecahedron-type planet.
    Idea for a "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" mod: multiple planet types in the same universe, to illustrate "custom planets". (Cubes, cookies, double-sided cookies, dodecahedrons with two spindly arms and a tongue, book-shaped planets (cubes with elongated x and/or z axes), Vogon planets (dodecahedrons and/or cubes with elongated cubes on each face), fortress-of-solitude planets (ice with magnificent vertical ice spires), fortress-of-get-me-outta-here planets (ice with magnificent vertical lava spires surrounded by boiling water lakes), etc.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Idea for a "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" mod: multiple planet types in the same universe, to illustrate "custom planets". (Cubes, cookies, double-sided cookies, dodecahedrons with two spindly arms and a tongue, book-shaped planets (cubes with elongated x and/or z axes), Vogon planets (dodecahedrons and/or cubes with elongated cubes on each face), fortress-of-solitude planets (ice with magnificent vertical ice spires), fortress-of-get-me-outta-here planets (ice with magnificent vertical lava spires surrounded by boiling water lakes), etc.
    Wowowow, this is a ton of stuff, that should be possible!(once I am done documenting it :P)