More realistic ship environment

What do you think about these proposals (up to my thir post?)

• Basically good idea, needs some refining though.

Votes: 1 11.1%
    • Right thing to change, wrong way to do it.

• Only the stuff about simplifying cores and faction modules is worth mentioning.

• I want my ship to be an impenetrable block of doom!

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I think the way it is right now is good or at least better than this suggestion.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Think about it, think about its pros and cons, view it from different point of views, think about the whole process, think about how it could be implemented, refine it, then make a nice big post explaining your idea in detail, all its pros and cons you could think about, how it could be implemented and how it could benefit the game. Then, maybe then some dev who isnt feed up by reading random unrefined ideas, might take a look at it and like it.
    That's reserved for OPs. It's a forum where peoples talk about their ideas!

1: You wouldnt be able to open a second set of doors with that as it wont fit inside.
    2: If you now come again with "but the hacker gun would open those", no, i dont want to be forced to build huge ass airlocks.
    3: and honestly, why waste 2 of the precious 1024 block IDs for a highly situational "weapon", if you could just do the same thing with any other weapon and replace the destroy blocks after capturing the ship.
    Why 2: together with 1: Only one of these points is valid.
    You could open a hangar, but would then be trapped in it if there is a second bigger door just in front of the core or build-blocks.

3: Just use a power-supply beam with some effect :/

__
    Is this really the second post in a row from you with points which are invalid after some thinking?
    Propaganda against some suggestion???​

If you want security, you should add at least one block to each thing which needs security.
    • Activate Permission-Management (default inactive)
    • Instead of Deactivate Permission-Management (default active)
    Just give each Door-array >2 blocks the ability to link as a whole array (not per block) to a permission-module to block access.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty much useles talking about your ideas if you are unwilling refined beyond a simple basic idea. Thats what i mean with my rant.

Both 1 and 2 are valid, if your gun is able to open regular sized doors, which includes most airlocks, that means any airlock would be a weakpoint, forcing people to build bigger airlocks.
    If you ship mounted version can open big doors, that would make even big doors to counter that useles on the outside, making any outside door a weakpoint.
    Again, it would FORCE people to build something they might not want to build, you just said it yourself, big door infront of the core. Thats forced build style.
    3: Effect Modules are two block IDs too...

Then again, what would you even use this for? To piss off your faction members? To steal some undocked ship from an offline player? You most likely cant use it to board an active piloted ship, as you wont have a chance getting on board of it in the first place.

If you view my points as invalid, then obviously my hope, that pointing out the flaws in your idea would bring you to rethink and refine into something usefull, is wasted.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe we could have a skill system. Hacking could be a skill, improving it's effectiveness. Mass will require higher skill.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Flaw 1: (3:) Effect-module IDs already exist, are used, just not for power/salvage beams,etc - no ID loss. RTFM.

Put walk-through blocks in front of your door to protect it against fire.
    OR: Build doors with 8/16door blocks to hold vs a SINGLE player gun (or connect 2 for a total of 8/16 blocks).

OR: Build the damn door just big enough that a ship requires a bigger hacker gun to hack it than to penetrate the shields -> which would make the hacker-gun an inefficient thing.

And now pls stop posting before thinking more about the validity of your own counter-points (or at least stop telling me I should think more about my points).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So you want to use an existing effect module to just randomly create that effect when linked to power supply beams, that goes against the current "explains itself" style of starmades systems.

ORs: Again, forced building style.

And you still didnt answere my question for what you even would want to use this.

Dont worry, ill stop with this as you obviously are not capable of holding a discussion, nor acknowledging valid points, or answering simple questions. Have a nice day.