More Random in my "Random"

Reaction score
    So one big benefit to a game like Starmade or Minecraft is the perceptually generated worlds. you can spawn a new world dozens of time and it'll never be quite the same. however if you're not playing on a community server with lots of activity and faction warfare and the like, i've noticed a much more rapid progression with getting to know everything and eventually bored of what you can find. now that doesn't mean i'm bored of the game. but after you've seen the same 5 or 6 stations of the various types, and every type of planet you suddenly find yourself missing that sense of exploration and wonder when you cam across something new.

i remember when i first stumbled across the Lost Shangra'la that came with the base game when i downloaded it. i was absolute ecstatic. i pulled up my ship to one of the holes in the hull and dived right in. now this was still when i was in the game maybe less than a week or so. and of course the more i explored the most spooky it got. Eventually the thought crossed my mind there there might be aliens or something that shot this ship down and i might be next on the menu. I even equipped my blaster not knowing that sadly there are no such aliens in the game. (Devs, if your reading this *wink wink*) and regardless i spent the rest of the weekend trying to figure out what i had to do to repair and eventually fly it!

Of course to my disappointment i eventually found it it was one of the winners for the Derelict Station Contest way back when, and i would have to use some 3rd party software to fly it, not to mention i'd have to undo the original creator's hard work to make it look pretty.

but this was just one example of some fun exploration i had while roaming the galaxy. since then i'd added some additional stations and ships to the game. (as of right now i can only manually spawn the stations, haven't figured out how to let the game decide where they spawn yet). and i'm still noticing that aside from building massive ships, there really isn't much else to do in the game. as far as single player goes, once you've got a big enough ship to fend off pirates or even annihilate their stations, there's just nothing left for you to explore.

So i would really appreciate some recommendations for the best of the best derelict station mods for one. something that makes me want to spend an hour in game getting lost in a massive station trying to figure out what happened like the first time i was in the Shangra'La.

That and i'd like to know what you would think about populating the worlds, derelict stations and maybe even having some unique stations for aliens and other type creatures.

And side from that, what are some other mods/recommendations to help make your singleplayer endgame a littler more fun? I mean i still put too much time into this game building but it'd be nice to take a break and get back to just dorking around in space.

also just showing off some stuff i've been working on youtube!
    (i made this to show my friends and try to get them to play, that's why its s long sorry)

Reaction score
    I wouldn't mind seeing some purpose in the random. Right now, the stations are just kind of... there. It would be great to see some freighter traffic or navy fleets, maybe expand the default pirate list. I know they're planning on adding creatures/aliens in the next patch, so that will help, but the game needs more than just a few random critters.

Could we get some of the publicly available fleets as default warring factions? That would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I recently made a big ancient looking warp gate and put the blueprint in my StarMade/blueprints-stations/neutral folder so that they spawn randomly throughout the universe. Now as I explore the galaxy I can find them and connect them to my gate network so it gives me a reason to look around a bit more.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    At the moment anyway, multiplayer is where it is at if you are looking for the challenge that makes a game most fun. The server I am playing on these days now has pirates sufficiently strong, that a 100,000 block ship may not be enough to handle everything it encounters. On the short list for that server is the building of a pirate base that will take fleet actions from large factions to take down, and they can expect serious damage in the process. This sort of thing gives motive for building and stories that can be told amongst one another.

There are plans to release 'fauna' soon. This will mean aliens! Those derelicts may not be empty soon. :)

I agree that much needs to be done, and much can be done, to put the game into the game. The developers know this too and they have every intent to add all the manner of things we dream of. The game however is a long way off yet from being actually finished. The priority thus far has been getting the essential ship and building systems completely functional, because without that, the rest won't matter. I believe we are now on the cusp of seeing developments that expand beyond that and start giving us more reason to use those ships and motive to build even better ones. :)

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I even equipped my blaster not knowing that sadly there are no such aliens in the game.
    Be careful- one of the derelict stations actually does hold alien creatures, as a test. Keep your laser pistol by your side, and consider investing in a sniper rifle and rocket launcher.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Be careful- one of the derelict stations actually does hold alien creatures, as a test. Keep your laser pistol by your side, and consider investing in a sniper rifle and rocket launcher.
    Sadly that station was removed from default spawning. :(

If you want it to spawn you have to remove all the blueprints from the default stations folder.
    You can also use a sector load to get one in. Check my (only)community content for a no hassle copy of one.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sadly that station was removed from default spawning. :(

If you want it to spawn you have to remove all the blueprints from the default stations folder.
    You can also use a sector load to get one in. Check my (only)community content for a no hassle copy of one.
    Are you sure? I thought it was still in, since the "prate" station is also still in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are you sure? I thought it was still in, since the "prate" station is also still in.
    I am sure, spent 30 mins looking for it before.
    The "old" stations are hard coded into the game, if it can't find any default blueprints it will spawn them.