More Generated Planet Structures

Reaction score
    You know, I've seen a few randomly generated cities on a couple planets. As empty and oddly generated as they were (at least half of the buildings were missing their roofs), I thought they were really cool.
    They both are/are not missing their roofs.

They literally generated upside-down, because someone (I don't know who, don't ask) inverted the height-coordinate, and Schine refused to correct it when it was pointed out the first dozen times.

Heck, the "best" generation screw-up I ever saw, was when 3 pyramids genned on the same plate, and it was barely big enough to hold the one.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    They both are/are not missing their roofs.

They literally generated upside-down, because someone (I don't know who, don't ask) inverted the height-coordinate, and Schine refused to correct it when it was pointed out the first dozen times.

Heck, the "best" generation screw-up I ever saw, was when 3 pyramids genned on the same plate, and it was barely big enough to hold the one.
    Oh my god, that's HILARIOUS! Hysterical Laughter.png

Puzzled.png Strange how you found three pyramids all crunched together. I have yet to find even one. Do I need to change a config, or did I just get the short end of the stick with world generation?

Reaction score
    You may need to monkey around with the settings, they're annoyingly low by default.
    The line to change is this one in Server.cfg :
    PLANET_SPECIAL_REGION_PROBABILITY = 240 //one out of this Value chance of a special region spawning per planet plate (cities, pyramids, etc) (changing this value might change some plates, but won't change any plates that are already modified by a player)

As the comment beats around the bush a bit, lower values are better for causing special plates. Right now, the odds are terrible.

The triple I found was due to multiple, failed generations of that particular plate, as the game kept crashing when it tried to load.
    (very much a bug, I'm still stunned it managed to generate any, given how badly it borked)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    You may need to monkey around with the settings, they're annoyingly low by default.
    The line to change is this one in Server.cfg :
    PLANET_SPECIAL_REGION_PROBABILITY = 240 //one out of this Value chance of a special region spawning per planet plate (cities, pyramids, etc) (changing this value might change some plates, but won't change any plates that are already modified by a player)

As the comment beats around the bush a bit, lower values are better for causing special plates. Right now, the odds are terrible.

The triple I found was due to multiple, failed generations of that particular plate, as the game kept crashing when it tried to load.
    (very much a bug, I'm still stunned it managed to generate any, given how badly it borked)
    Laughing.png Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Yeah I think the station wasn't released because of the buggy ubdocking entity issue and logic freezing issues.
    Yeah, but they could have replaced the nonfunctional parts with simple docks and doors - literally any viable iteration of that station would have been better than leaving spawn as nothing but a stick shop for several more years. I've never understood why they haven't replaced spawn with something... anything... a player made station... doesn't have to be epic, but it is the welcome mat all new players land on. It doesn't make sense to me.