More bugfixes

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Here are some more fixes :)

- fixed crash from pressing tab on some dialog text entries
    - added playername autocomplete to text input panels that require player names
    - added advanced options to deal with possible graphics driver bugs (compression, and mipmap options)
    - improved synchronization of server segment requests to hopefully get rid of physical chunk errors (those that won't go away after restart and cache clear)
    - fixed migration crah when trying to migrate block type taht is not known in the block config (custom blocks)
    - compressed inventory-changed tranmission for factory blocks to be more scalable
    - fixed AI error (FSMException) on servers
    - fixed bug that would cause crash on starup (ResourceException)
    - improved segment sorter to be more thread safe
    - fixed bug where player character could be considered neutral for a short time. player character now set faction id to player's faction id before spawning
    - fixed bug where sector information would not be updated correctly in sql database (causing protection mode of sector not to save, respawning asteroids etc)
    - added mining effect
    - improved responsiveness of all beams
    - hopefully fixed crash from sorting factions by relation in teh faction hub panel
    - implemented proceduraly generated background (still a little slow, can be turned on in the ingame options)

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in singleplayer please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140207_163603.zip

(The username and password is "dev")

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can\'t wait until this is all released in Starmade as the standard. Thanks for your work Schema.

Reaction score
    Time ticks by so slowly. I can not wait for the next release. Any date on that yet please? Pretty please? Pretty please with roses?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    the mining effect is cool but a little confusing to use at first. instead of the remove button its the place button (i have the place/remove reversed like minecraft style)

now all thats needed is to nerf build blocks and we can finally make salvage beams relevant.

also ive found the critter skin the files!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Although I still don\'t see the lighting glitch with upsidedown pentas & tetras fixed in the list :(

Reaction score
    procedural backgrounds sound awesome! Game gets better each second...stupid ass job taking up my Starmade time...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    ok ive tested this with several blueprints that were made in prior builds. they will not spawn in at all. if this is the case does this mean old blueprints are obsolete? and if so, does there need to be a warning for this in the patch noptes cause if so we need to make that clear.

Reaction score
    I wonder when the public version will come out :) Excited to see all the improvements made! Keep up the good work! You\'re doing wonderful :) Thank you!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Woo ho I also found a bug where I fell through wedges in gravity on a ship.

Reaction score
    Text still flickers/is invisible for me, but disabling texture compression fixed my crashes!

Reaction score
    Actually, 14.1 breaks minecraft too, messes up textures in a similar way. There must be some conflict with Java/OpenGL, I\'ll look for a fix.

Reaction score
    i am still getting this transparent glitch where my DEFAULT skin is invisible and not in the correct order like the legs and arms are still long and skinny and not like minecraft wide

Reaction score
    i was instaling is wroughn i thought u had to mirge the files but your just delete them and then add the dev files in the empty folder

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    That\'s great work Schema, the effects look great and work fine too.

However the \"GL_INVALID_OPERATION\" when adjusting a block is persistent