More bugfixes (0.11) *hotfixed*

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

HOTFIX: The server was unable to save/load ships because of a small optimization requiring less data to store and send weapon distributions. Also, 2 small additional fixes were made for some intel/ATI drivers. Keep the bug reports coming. They are very helpful!

Sorry for the bad version (0.109). That version didn't really introduce the bug, but made a bug that would happen once in a while more visible (the chunk error). Thanks to that, I was able to find the source of the bug and fix it. Hopefully this really was the end of those chunk errors.

Also, a little new feature which will play an important role. Shops now have seperate buy and sell prices. That means what you have to pay when buying can be completely different from what you get when selling. Currently the NPC shops use an equal price, but player shops can already change both prices at will.

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in single player please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140225_030748.zip

HOTFIX (0.111): http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140225_180848.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hi Schema,

You are awesome. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely, StarMade community

Reaction score
    It\'s such a good thing Schema is focussed on keeping the game running as smooth as it can and grabbing every pinch of performance there is :) They say the Minecraft source was programmed in about a week or two, and it\'s easy to notice it\'s not as refined and smooth as Starmade is, even though it\'s still in beta :D

Cheers to Schema!
    (And Calbiri ;)

Reaction score
    Hi, I have been working on Tutorials for the new features. I have pretty much everything I need for a basic crew tutorial, but Can you tell me how do I access the editing for the Lua commands on the crew. Also are there any changes coming up I should be aware of?

Also, I\'d love to do one on the fleet tab, but, I have no idea how to add ships so I can\'t learn anything about it.

Thank You

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Look in the \\StarMade\\data\\script folder, there are the scripts for the dialogs. You can edit them as you want! They might be changed in the future, so be sure to save your work and adjust it to future options!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can\'t wait until there is some form of \"Grand Exchange\" like in Runescape. Would definitely improve the depth of the economy when Starmade server will handle as many players like minecraft - 100+

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Now the chunk rendering error is fixed. But what about the jittery docking? Inability to properly leave a ship after switching to a cockpit? Other things?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey Schema, in the hotfixed prebuild 0.11, whenever I try to fire a BB Missile, the missile will always appear at the centre of the sector it was fired from, and circle around the very centre of that sector. This is not the case with DD missiles.