More bugfixes (0.105) *updated*

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

I think i finally got the bug that caused crashes in advanced build mode. Has to do with anti-aliasing out of all things.

The correct normals will make all shapes that have non-cubic (wedges, corners, etc) faces a lot better to look at, as finally the light can be calculated accurately with the correct normal. They no longer shade the normal with another cubic face. False lighting from the pre-baked lighting raytracing can still occur (if you place blocks next to wedges on certain positions)
    - fixed crash when system tries to draw floating item that doesn't exist
    - added (probably) final vertex component mask for cube shader
    - added correct normals for wedges
    - added correct normals for corners
    - added correct normals for penta
    - added correct normals for tetra
    - fixed GL_INVALID_OPERATION Error happening in build mode. Happened when using multi-sampled frame buffers and reading pixels from it (in advanced build mode to check for mouse position)
    - improved lighting
    - reduced green color in procedural backgrounds
    - implemented admin-command "/delay_save seconds" for server admins to create backups without being in danger of a writing process messing with it. Make sure to wait a bit after using this command since in case there are running write requests, they will continue to run and finish. (/delay_save 0 will turn the delay off immediately)

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in singleplayer please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140210_181939.zip

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140210_205725.zip

(The username and password is "dev")

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Glad you found that bug, must have been very rewarding to finally crush it ;) .

As for the improved lighting thats great, such fine details are what make or break a ships beauty. Especially in smaller ships this was noticeable.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hopefully the lighting with pentas is fixed! Thanks for mentioning it hindos!!!1

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    one more update! Do you even sleep? :) Thanks for the great work !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Be a bit friendly to this poor forums, use smaller pictuers!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    sorry I use a 1080p monitor so it is automatically very big

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you want, upload your pictures to imageshack - when uploading there, you can select whether you wnat to resize your images and it will do that so you can post them on forums or anywhere else without having to manually resize anything.

Reaction score
    The new NullPointerException error from Advanced Build Mode is now fixed in the *updated* version, thanks Schema!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    But still yay! Better lighting for the other blocks is still an improvement.

Reaction score
    Is it necessary to include the texturepacks with every bugfix? Seems a bit redundant and a waste of bandwidth to include them every time. Just saying.

That said, I do appreciate and love the work being donw with this game. It is among my top favorites.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when does the launcher get updateded to play w/ this cause i don\'t know how to extract it to a new folder and play it there

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Schema great work, I like your server too, hope you keep hosting it after the release of this game, and by the way, I found an error on the current version of the public built, when you dock a ship with bigger ships on it on to a homebase or not homebase, it crashes the server or freezing the server, so the server is not down and is still online but no other player can join, and the other players on it can\'t get out of a core by pressing R. The clients error when docking a ship with larger ships on it is a null pointer, but crashes the server too. I forgot to send an error report on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema, do you even read those comments? Whatever.

Suggestions:
    1. It seems like the launcher downloads ALL THE JAR file. I don\'t see a need in this. Just unpack current jar-file, and compare CRC of current and new .class file and download if they\'re not equal. After the work you can just replace old .class files to new and pack in jar. That will have make every updating a lot faster and smaller.
    2. You\'d better make the launcher more ... flexible (?). It would be cool if i could download dev. version from launcher on the fly, and even wouldn\'t have to download 150mb zip files with those stupid texturepacks. Twice better if i could degrade the game on the fly too.
    3. Stop to put the texturepacks in every dev. version. That\'s really weird action.

Hope you\'ll have read that.

Reaction score
    What\'s up with shadows? The light seem to affect only things close to me, while the rest is in utter darkness. Happens only with shadows on.