More bugfixes (0.104)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Another batch of fixes (still havent foudn the crash for the advanced build mode. Keep the reports coming :) )
    - fixed nullpointer crash when joining multiplayer in the vicinity of an NPC player (made multiplayer on a fresh server basically unplayable)
    - fixed jiggling when traveling in docked ship or turret
    - slightly optimized object position transmission to reduce data that has to be sent on update

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in singleplayer please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140209_235342.zip

(The username and password is "dev")

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Great to see so much progress.

It was really hard to wait for 1.0 but now =D

Keep the Updates coming Schema ^^

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    nice i\'ve noticed that with all the new pre builds the game has been running smoother. hurray for bug fixes!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Alrady found a bug. the mouse does not detach when you access a menu like your inventory, advanced build mode, ect.

i makes switching out items extremely hard if not impossible

also, im not sure if your aware of this on macs i can\'t use the free camara so i can\'t look at my character skin from the front unless i use the 360 cam

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yay! now turrets and ships don\'t spazz out when docked and moving at high speeds :DDD

Reaction score
    I dunno what you did specifically man, but this update seemed to boost my fps by like 100 from 126 to near 256. keep up the good work!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Finally what every server admin has been asking for, focus moved from the shiney\'s to the fixing of our problems, I sincerely hope servers will be far more stable with this all done.

Thank you schema

Reaction score
    Thanks you for moving away from the new features and focusing on getting rid of ANNOYING GAME BREAKING bugs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Schema is inbetween a rock and a hardplace when it comes to bug fixing and making features, becuase well bugs sucks and are awkward but a bugfree game is nothing without features and to be honest this game is not even in alpha (feature adding stage) so i think we should allow schema to juggle as many balls as he would like to.

Reaction score
    Schema this bug on the penta-block has been around for quite a while, are you aware of it?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah, please fix this, the pentas and tetras are very buggy and so is the way light behaves with them to

Reaction score
    It would also be awesome if all of the hull shapes were selected in the advanced build mode, while each hull color is seperate.