Modulated Cruisers

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Cool concept, but the amount of lag this many entities causes is probably a heart attack for any server owner reading this thread.
    I wouldn't say so, as breaking it up into pieces makes shielding and power boosted, but reduces your ability to withstand attack if your shields get broken as the armour plating on each piece don't sum together to protect the whole entity, so there would be a limit to how fine you can slice and dice your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    not sure if the lag would be too bad. I think it depends on the total size of the docked ships and how many you actually need in order to cover your "core" ship. If the docked ships were large enough I doubt there would be all that much lag.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would a docked module stay docked even while overheating?

Doesn't this effectively circumvent the HP system where even after the docked module starts overheating, continues to body-block for the mother ship and continues to be mobile?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Doesn't this effectively circumvent the HP system where even after the docked module starts overheating, continues to body-block for the mother ship and continues to be mobile?
    It stays docked as long as the docker isn't destroyed, but it'll disappear when it finishes overheating.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

In order to get one of these plates to overheat however, you need to have broken the shield of the mothership, so odds are even if it didn't disappear after overheating, it wouldn't be much of a defense as the attacker obviously has enough firepower to break the most advantageous part of this design

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I've also noticed docked entities don't vanish with the main body if the main body overheats currently or change factions if you change in by admin commands or by faction blocks. When they are no longer part of the main one they'll change back to whatever they were, that's the reasonable part, for turrets though they still have this issue of being that way even while docked. So change the faction of the main body anything with a faction block on it also has to be changed manually but it gets even funnier if you use the command that changes a targeted entity's faction. XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    On somewhat related note, is it possible to have multiple docking points between 2 entities, in otherwords to have redunancy in docking modules? Been thinking of making a ship with one turret support module that covers main turrets with power and shield regen, while being mostly sheltered inside the main ship.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    On somewhat related note, is it possible to have multiple docking points between 2 entities, in otherwords to have redunancy in docking modules?
    Currently, no. MAYBE, when we get magnetic docking, but that's a big maybe.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    well, now we have magnetic docking, AND thrust sharing!

I am working on a ship with a bunch of 5x5 USD docks (instead of the standard 3x3 you see everywhere) and you would dock parts of the ship depending on the fight.
    Right now I have the mandatory power generators in, and the modular parts will basically be shield generators, or different turret banks.
    Ordnance tubes, long range cannons, or rapid fire cannons are the options.