Mobs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe it would be nice if they planets had mobs of some sort. It would make them not seem so barren. You could make skin or meat from certain animals valueable at shops. Or make it where you can make meds out of them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What if the player need to buy food like meat to survive or hunt on the planets. So for example the player can starve to death if they don\'t eat. This making the game more realistic maybe?

Reaction score
    I like the concept of occasionally having to travel to a habitated planet in order to find the necessary resources to survive. I mean just by looking at the skins of other players it is clear you play as a human and hence would have necessities.

It would be nice for at least a small portion of effort to be put in to special actions or abilities that the pilot has to perform rather than using a space ship the whole time.
    Only that the shops would most likely carry food and/or water, so these might need to be quite expensive on the shop, seeing as shops aren\'t rare.

Maybe the possibility of having life support systems on the ship with the possibility of growing your own food, (by placing the planet terrain blocks such as dirt), or breeding your own (alien) animals, which also have different levels of rarity, giving better food, faster growth, more food.

The farm systems could also be managed by a new module combined with the AI already present if you did not want to worry about it your self once you got to a \'higher tech\' stage

If people really wanted, then this could also add a happiness boost to your ability to pilot the ship, increasing your effectiveness

Reaction score
    good idea with the hunger bar thing, only probelm is if you have a crappy computer like myself, you can visit planets without being on 1fps

Reaction score
    If the life was proceedurally generated so you would only encounter x lifeform on one planet, unless it had space travel, or had been moved, and you could affect their evolution, etc. This game would be amazing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m assuming things will be simplified so having planet-biome specific mobs should be interesting. I could be wrong but be nice to come across numerous kinds of mobs. Hopefully it\'ll be numerous in choice, updated on a monthly basis later down the line, so we could constantly have new mobs to encounter. Space is vast, so should be the mobs. Simplified, yet vast.

Would be nice being able to mount a few of them, flee from half and hunting the other half. For space would be awesome if you would occassionally encounter space ghosts of various types of aliens, some being friendly, some being hostile and some even just haunting the area.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I instinctively glance around when mining ice crystals in a cave, expecting some sort of ice beast to come at me from a dark corner (or a creeper). When nothing happens, it always leaves me a little sad. I don\'t have a good reason to orbitally bomb planets yet.

As for the food idea above, I\'d love some sort of food management system in line with Minecraft\'s idea at the very least if not also water needs and storage. I love resource management, and if I were able to make a water storage tank on my ship alongside some sort of agricultural dome to grow food for myself and friends, I would love that. I have high hopes for this game\'s future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, resource management is fun. Planetary mobs would be a cool feature to add difficulty in collecting ice crystals.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem with adding mobs and things is that it will soon closely resemble Minecradt in such a way that copyrights are broken. Mobs are an interesting Idea and if they ever install an adventure/campaign mode, they might work as a planet based shop system. Skinnng and cooking would be useless as there is no purpose to animal skin in space. It would be nice to have quests and missions involving NPCs as well.

Reaction score
    Trust me, this isn\'t a relevant thing to worry about at all. Mojang isn\'t going to attempt to sue this game for having mobs because its \"too similar\". They don\'t own a copyright on \"Mobs/Animals in videogames\". Because that\'s not a real thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The first thing I thought when I read \"no purpose to animal skin in space.\" was the armor designed for cold in dead space 3. It\'s got a fur collar and pretty sure leather. Aside from that, I would happily go on hunting raids to planets and fill a freezer on my cruiser with delicious animals regardless of uses for leather fur etc.