Missing sector....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so a few hours ago I couldn't log on because the game thought I was still logged in from yesterday. So I take a break and play some of my neglected games. Tried logging back in and was all good untill I looked around... nothing. My home sector is compleatly empty. No station, no ships. Not even the asteroids where there. Not only that but when I logged off to post here the screen settings changed to 16 bit colors, then the screen when black, then I got the blue screen of death, wich is weird because I have never seen it on this computer before. The computer then restarted. And beacuse of the catalog not working Bella my main ship that I have been working on for a month, couldn't be saved localy. I hope there is a way for me to recover my stuff from this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you sure you are in the correct sector? When i logged back in today I spawned 4 sectors over rather than where I logged off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I spawned in the right sector, thats one of the first things I checked, One of my facton members has been on and she\'s seen it too.
    edit: some of her ships are missing too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is an anti deadlock (too much data traffic aka overload or so) system since few versions ago, which avoids the situations where the server crashes due to some annormal collision ammount or too much data load... by flushing everything in the sector, aka removing it.

This may not be the case, maybe they are just not loading, and anyway, there are periodic backups, so your work should be safe somewhere, you just need schema, or beetle to export it and send it back to you in case your stuff already got too big for the official server. Else, he can just place the entities again from the back up.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sometimes the sector index can be destroyed (I don\'t know the exact reasons yet, but I suspect it happens when the game crashes).

You can restore the index with an admin command

/repair_sector x y z

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi schema, erm, will that work for me in the offical US server? heh.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, but if you give me the coords i can help out - or schema has to crawl out behind of his coders chair.

Reaction score
    It seems like we got the same bug in 2,2,23, please fix :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if it\'s related, but my faction station appears to have walked away last night. I logged in this morning to find everyones ships intact, but the station missing. Wouldn\'t be such a big deal but we have made quite a few additions to it.