Missing files in new steam install

Reaction score
    I just bought this game, and installed it from steam, and the game started fine, but I couldn't load a universe. It loaded to 29% then crashed with a submit crash popup. I tried to submit the crash report, but clicking send didn't do anything.

I checked the logs at logs/logstarmade.0.log and found this in them near the end:

[2016-09-12 13:21:47] java.io.FileNotFoundException: Neither .png or .tga found for resource data/./textures/block/Pixel/128/t000

And sure enough I don't have a 128 folder in the data/textures/block/Pixel folder.

Copy the 64 folder and renaming it to 128 fixed the issue. The game seems to run fine, but I'm not sure if it'll cause any other issues or graphical anomalies later on.

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with 6 GB of RAM and running off the bundled Java. I just thought I'd let others know. I'm betting most players wont' run into this because if they had previous full installs the folder is probably there, but it might only be missing on brand new installs like mine. Just a guess.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that isnt a missing file!
    the default settings.cfg that gets created by the game (it doesnt exist as part of the download as such) has a wrong setting and defaults to Pixel as texture set and not Default.
    opening the settings.cfg (its a txt file) and changing the line with Texture Pixel to Default fixes that.

The Pixel pack isnt supported at the moment i think (not sure there) anyways.