Bug Missiles not hitting big targets

Reaction score
    Everytime i fire a homing missile, it wont go to a target. instead it circles around or goes to some place where no man has gone before. It is so annoying because i cant destroy a target because of this. Can some help me please?

Reactions: Rejesto

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Missiles can be buggy around sector borders sometimes. Is your target near the edge of a sector? Corners of sectors are especially bad.

Reaction score
    Also, if you are too close to the target the missiles will bypass before locking on and then circle back around. Try staying outside of about half the missile range. I.E. If your missile range is 2000 meters (default) then stay around 1000 meters or more away from your target.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Ive noted this issue myself recently - particularly if firing a volley of five or more missiles. Seems like half the missiles just want to act like swarmers and circle endlessly. Range doesnt seem to make a difference either.

Reaction score
    Also, if you are too close to the target the missiles will bypass before locking on and then circle back around. Try staying outside of about half the missile range. I.E. If your missile range is 2000 meters (default) then stay around 1000 meters or more away from your target.
    I think that is the problem. thanks
    [doublepost=1496861321,1496861246][/doublepost]
    ok it is not. The Missile just misses the target and goes away to go explore the universe.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    encountered this repeatedly in recent days while upgrading one of my older ships, missiles fired from it circle my titan repeatedly and never impact on it, no matter the distance, or where i am in the sector, appears to be half of them too.

Reaction score
    Did some testing myself. Same results as the rest of you. Definitely a new bug.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Definitely a new bug.
    it reminds me too much of the old "too many missiles" bug TBH. theres a lot of old feeling bugs appearing from that last update - including shipyards and possibly borky turrets etc

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    AFAIK It's a bug arising from the 'missile optimisation' update that updates missile tracking in groups instead of individually - The game runs better, however missile tracking/homing has been totally broken by it.
    If you guys can, capture GIF/video of the issue in action to promote a fix.
    Also provide logs, always provide logs.

Thanks!

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Also provide logs, always provide logs.

Thanks!
    i did that, but every time i add a log or sment to my messages etc it vanishes without trace - much like making a rail door (another bug).

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    It's a recent issue, see ⚓ T2392 Target Lock Missiles Track Empty Space
    The information between the 1st missile volley and the following ones gets altered, resulting in them aiming for something that is not there.

I haven't be able to see the exact pattern yet, measuring gives different results with only slight changes although the issue will definitely be looked at before the next public release.

Issue is currently in feedback although that's just me being slow, I have enough info to put it in queue :)