Missile reload time fix

Which solution do you prefer to the missile reload issue?

• Option A: Make the reload timer scale based on magazine size.

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • Option B: Make radius scale based on missile damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Option C: Do both

Votes: 9 64.3%
    • I like broken reload mechanics just the way they are.

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • Option D: Add a power based Reloader block (see Ithirahad's comment)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I'd rather missiles just not reload until fully exhausted... these changes have made missiles even more spammable T_T

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was about to start a new thread, but I'll post here first. On ships with the old power systems, missile launchers do not reload. The ship has one missile and the max capacity, but once fired, the ship is on empty for ammo for the rest of its existence. Since they had damage and power consumption for old power, it can be assumed there was supposed to be some overlap for a few more updates. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I guess one should have the magazine size be dependant on the damage value, so bigger misisles need more magazine space, and the rechargers would depend on the magazine size in turn.
    This is what makes sense to me, and my biggest disappointment with the capacity system. I would like to see something simple to use, like having each missile tube group subtract from the capacity based on it's size when fired. Capacity already has a steep falloff once you hit a threshold, and missile spam probably needs to just be hard capped as noted below.

If each launcher holds 1 missile, I just need a lot of launchers, and you can't trust people who don't know better to not do this
    There are already limits that servers can put on the number of groups fired, but this of course doesn't protect clients from crashing, and you can't just have the missiles not render for the client. Computers have limits, and a sane default has to be assumed, likely base off of the minimum system requirements for the game. I would rather see a hard cap that prevents me from doing something harmful to others enjoyment (either intentional or accidental), than see a system that imposes the same limit, but in a strange and non intuitive way.
    You could even still let the player build as many launchers as they want, then give them a friendly reminder that the server has eaten 8,800 of their missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I came across a suggestion a few days ago that if we are going to end up with missile spam again, a solution might be to make them consumable so you don't just have an infinite number of missiles to constantly spam across the universe.

I am liking the idea the weapons update was going for so far, but I haven't found a great way to implement them. Maybe we're all just missing something? (I'm hoping we're all just missing something)