minor detail for admins

Reaction score
    I know its not likely a high priority, but is it possible to switch the default setting for new ship save files from mob spawnable true to mob spawnable false? This way as an admin (or in solo play) you don't have to manually disable mob spawn for every new ship saved to the game. This will become even more of a nuisance as more people play and develop larger ship inventories to transfer to servers they play on

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think that would be a good idea.. and I\'ve been wondering about that myself ever since I found myself fighting benign mobs which don\'t make much sense haha

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That option should already be available in the admin config.
    server.cfg:

DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE = true //Default option to use uploaded ships in waves

change that line from \"true\" to \"false\" (server restart required)

Reaction score
    Now see I saw that before on the options and thought it meant whether or not to use the default mob ship (the isanth or whatever it is called). Thanks schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it possible to create, lets say a goup of different default mob ships ? and keep them separated from players creations ? more specifically to keep everything in order, how to make use of blueprints-default folder? i saw Isanth VI there ( Im asking because for example to clean mess after players on mad realms server, may be difficult to dig through hundreds designs and making proper settings for each one in ship catalog manager )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ive been testing this now and doesnt matter how will i set ships in ship catalog manager in waves or not they are spawned as mobs ... so that was the reason why Artist disabled spawning totally on madrealms server .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I havent disabled mob spawns...they just dont spawn... And new player ships still get tagged as \"active in waves\" so its still bugged! =)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The \"active in mobs\" functionality got moved from the external catalog to the server-context catalog. This means you can switch ships on and of for mobs no more in the ship-catalog-manager from the login screen, but as admin ingame when you go to catalog -> admin-tag. I\'ll remove the option in the old gui soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow, thats really not easy to administrate the catalog ingame. Significantly lacks overview...
    Also, I have no clue why the Isanth was turned off as mobspawn...but explains why no mobs spawned..hopefully..

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll do an external remote admin tool very soon, that will enable you to admin the server with a GUI without actually having to log in.