Mining Info

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    It would be really awesome if mining had damage numbers like combat but instead showed the number of resources/type you were mining during that tick.

So imagine the orange numbers that pop up when you hit systems on ships and just make that +201 Tekt, +300 White Stuff, etc.

Would help know that mining drones are getting materials as well.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Be cool if there were variable tags like the new ones for display module.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The problem is the tick rate. Cannon/cannon fires 10 times a second and beams 5 times and their damage numbers are already hard to read. Salvagers tick 40 times a second, however, and can therefore mine up to 40 blocks per second, which would result in 40 numbers displayed per seconds.

Reaction score
    The problem is the tick rate. Cannon/cannon fires 10 times a second and beams 5 times and their damage numbers are already hard to read. Salvagers tick 40 times a second, however, and can therefore mine up to 40 blocks per second, which would result in 40 numbers displayed per seconds.
    Couldn't you could add the numbers and read that out instead every so often or when the weapon stops firing?

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Well just accumulate and have it pop up every second or so then. Doesn't have to be right when it hits but close to it.
    [doublepost=1475959389,1475959341][/doublepost]

Ninja'd
    Couldn't you could add the numbers and read that out instead every so often or when the weapon stops firing?

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    Would be neat if remotes could transfer stats...then your main mining ship could host displays w/ the desired info.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Would be neat if remotes could transfer stats...then your main mining ship could host displays w/ the desired info.
    I have a different suggestion for this information :D