Micro Logic

would micro-logic be a good addition?

• No, the current logic is part of what makes Starmade, Starmade!

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes, but only buttons and activators - lets not re-design the entire system!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    now this might be an instant 'no', but it would be nice to see something along the lines that 'skywanderers' are implementing (i know, BLASPHEMY!)

this allows much smaller logic designs, and multiple buttons/activators on your dash - something very useful for when cockpits/job-role seats are implemented.

i know there could be some copyright infringement if they converted logic to run on these mini panels (like having logic gates that you can place on them and build complex logic systems within a couple of metres) but if we just had buttons and activators, this could go a long way... hear me out.

currently, if i want to activate things, i must run around the bridge hitting buttons everywhere as they are a minimum of 1m apart... bit if i could have a nice grid of 16 of them (maybe even able to pick the colours?) then i would be most pleased.

what would be cool is if you could place a blank button panel on any cube face or a wedge face, then place buttons (which are a duplicate of our current light-block options) anywhere we want on said panel to the shape of a grid.

we could then press <interact> on the panel itself - as opposed to one of the buttons - to calibrate whether the mini light blocks are momentary (buttons), latching (activators), or ship system controls (i.e. thrust direction/cancel ship movement, reboot systems, [self destruct?], associated with hotbar slots (as a way of being able to fire weapons with 'logic')

i think this would be awesome!

3, 2, 1... GO!

Reactions: OfficialCoding
    Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I think a good alternative to simply copying Skywanderers would be to add touch screens to the game instead. It could be added as a feature of the display modules. Since we can already activate logic with a display module half the work is already done. I wouldn't mind mini blocks for logic or decoration but I think they've got more important things to work on before rebuilding an already functional logic system. If they wanted to they could add mini blocks without worrying about copyright infringement since Skywanderers didn't come up with the idea. There have been Minecraft mods like this for years.

Reactions: alij331
    Reaction score
    awesome idea, i like the idea of touchscreens (especially if you could still make the text float above/beside/below the screen to have floaty buttons!