Menu options and information not appearing

Reaction score
    Alright so i decided to give star made a try and it works! The game itself works fine. I can play the game to a point its just that I got a few issues with it that i can't figure out a definitive solution for.

Problems:
    1. News on starter shows up as a bunch of "A"s in boxes
    Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 15.50.01.png

2. When in game tutorial list and other lists don't appear when selected
    Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 15.47.04.png
    The ship naming box gives me something similar to this. Where as when i click in the box and type no letters appear but after typing and hitting OK it closes the box and names the ship anyway.

3. The starter tells me i'm running the most up to date version (20150621_023107 v0.19289). Yet under the options tab and build switcher it tells me i'm running the first release (20140808_205809 v0.1616).
    Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 17.20.59.png

4 (maybe). I don't know if its supposed to be like this or not for sure but for some reason stacked objects have no numbers to tell how many items there are (like i said up top new to game it could just be this way)

Note I'm on mac i'm going to put a screenshot of my system information incase this is on my end.
    Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 17.09.40.png

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    3. The starter tells me i'm running the most up to date version (20150621_023107 v0.19289). Yet under the options tab and build switcher it tells me i'm running the first release (20140808_205809 v0.1616).
    View attachment 13035
    The build switcher under the options is not initially set to the currently installed build, but simply the 1st build in the build-list. Click on 'search for currently installed'.

Reaction score
    Alright tried that. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Still tells me that the old version is installed after i leave and reenter the options menu. Any other ideas?

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Should be a button that says update to latest version. If not, find your directory and deleted it.

What do you mean by stacked?

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Alright tried that. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Still tells me that the old version is installed after i leave and reenter the options menu. Any other ideas?
    The build switcher under the options is not initially set to the currently installed build, but simply the 1st build in the build-list.'.
    It is no indicator for the version you have installed. It simply shows the first release in the list.
    As for the other problems: These seem to have the same origin. Is your java up to date?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    hm, this looks like an issue with some forced options to java.

May you check your environment variables for an entry like:
    "JAVA_OPTIONS" and remove that? (copy content to a file if concerned) and then restart your system.

Those signs may also be some font-malfunction, not really sure, as I have never seen such a thing.
    (The empty ingame menus, have some "half-known" cause for AMD video cards, for them you only need to update your driver, and its fixed. not sure if that may be related)

Anyway, I'd like to see a startup log of the game:
    Can you go to your starmade installation directory, find the /starmade/logs subdirectory, and remove all files in that directory.
    Now start the game, once you have spawned wait a few seconds and quit again.
    There should be 2-5 files in the directory then, please zip them and attach them here, to mail them to me, referring to this thread by url, I'll look into them, there may be something in it, pointing to the cause of this.

- Andy