Max Segments reversed in game

Reaction score
    I found this out trying to get a nice screen shoot of my carrier in orbit, but found that I needed more range to the view distance and changed the Max Segments from 2000 to 2500 and as I pressed back the ship completely disappeared, as I reduced the Max Segments down below 1900 it showed, but the game turned unresonsive.

When I want to get in game and change the Max Segments in the login screen it works in reverse, the higher the number the further I can see.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The max drawn segments limits the amount of chunks displayed in your viewport.
    In case of changing it ingame, it lead lead to a full redraw of everything in sight.

Higher number = more segments drawn.

Near bases this essentially limits the cpu/gpu stress, while in \'free space\' its not really in use, since the number of segments shouldn\'t be met with drawing asteroids or shops.

In case you see a direct mismatch with changing the ingame value and the launcher value resulting in different values in the settings.cfg please report the things you noticed completely to give us a hint how to reproduce it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    To clarify the distance between Segments and View distance, view distance is how far away you can see. Max segment is the number of (blocks?) that will ever be drawn on your screen. Max segments is what will affect your performance, and it overrides view distance. I don\'t fully understand your problem, maybe some screenies?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    View distance isnt in the game anymore, its now only max drawn segments.

Anything else is nonfunctional and should have been removed from launcher.

- Andy

Reaction score
    ... and it worked fine as you described, but one a few tests if you go BACK in and change it again then press OK the game went NOT RESPONSIVE. I replicated this 4 times.